Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

8 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

We should be looking at Gift Orban from Gent, great goal scoring record already and won’t cost that much.

Even though he's my fellow Naija man and I would love to see it, this is a hell of an over reaction :lol:

Edited by KaKa

13 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Loads of the players labelled as flops in the list above were actually alright for Bournemouth.

Yep I thought so, he was a promising player they paid good money for from Ipswich I think.

36 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

image.thumb.png.8844be19286f3c22d18459a1de6af241.png

image.thumb.png.0274c2e1a24a4bbc901a4dbba9350932.png

Really good looking profile and fantastic goal and assist numbers for his age. Great looking prospect for the short and long term.

Edited by KaKa

On 15/03/2023 at 19:42, andycap said:

Was Mings not good at Bournemouth? I used to think he looked decent back then. 

IIRC he suffered two ACL injuries like Wilson.  Didn’t get back in the team. Was loaned out to Villa, they then got promoted and he was signed permanently (for a profit!). 

Mings played less than 20 league games in 3.5 years. Does that sound good to you?

Like I said. He and Howe were desperately unlucky with the injuries. He was sold for a profit so I wouldn’t consider him a total flop but it wasn’t a success either. 

On 15/03/2023 at 17:02, ponsaelius said:

Danjuma wasn't really a flop for Bournemouth. He got injured, then played very well in the Champ, and was sold for twice as much as they paid for him.

Bournemouth are a tough club to buy PL standard players for. Remember he was very keen on Schar but couldn't convince him to go there.

Would we consider Mitrovic a success at NUFC?

Danjuma was a big signing for Bournemouth in the PL. He didn’t score any goals in the PL. Not one. And they got relegated at the end of the season. That’s not a success.  

Fair point on selling for a profit. 

27 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

He's linked with everyone, so smacks of the old 'agent pumping up interest' to me

AS article goes into more detail and says we've moved first and early on and are the only ones so far that are prepared to pay the release clause. Also gives details of the contract we are prepared to give him.

https://as.com/futbol/primera/el-newcastle-se-lanza-a-por-gabri-veiga-n/?smm=CM_ES_TW&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1678978904

10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

AS article goes into more detail and says we've moved first and early on and are the only ones so far that are prepared to pay the release clause. Also gives details of the contract we are prepared to give him.

https://as.com/futbol/primera/el-newcastle-se-lanza-a-por-gabri-veiga-n/?smm=CM_ES_TW&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1678978904

"The Magpies' offer to Gabri Veiga is also very succulent."

I mean, when you put it like that. :lol:

2 hours ago, Zero said:

Strength: Shooting, Dribbling

Weakness: Passing

position: MC/AMC

interesting. How can he be good at dribbling and poor at passing whilst playing in the centre?

Are assists not counted as passes too? Confusing.

Interesting player. The highlights on YT tend to show him beating opponents or scoring, but the occasional footage of a pass shows some ability there.

At £33m and 20 years old, he looks a bargain, but I don't think we've yet won a transfer contest with a big six club, and there seems to be widespread interest. If we get into the CL, we may have a chance. Not otherwise, I fear.

6 hours ago, Zero said:

Strength: Shooting, Dribbling

Weakness: Passing

position: MC/AMC

interesting. How can he be good at dribbling and poor at passing whilst playing in the centre?

Looks like he attempts a lot of forward and creative passes which tend to get cut out more. Ones that make it get results.

Needs to pass it backwards more to boost his % and remove the weak passing tag.