Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

48 minutes ago, toon25 said:

I've always thought Eddie has preferred Burn because he makes the 3 when we're in possession/attacking positions whilst Trips bombs forward.

City look like they do the same

Yeah. Arsenal also do similar with White making the 3 and Zinchenko going wherever he wants. They also used to do the same with Tomiyasu on the right making the 3 and Tierney bombing forward.

If we had gotten Joao Pedro instead of Isak I think we would have been in for Osimhen this summer as number one striker. Isak is number one for foreseeable I think as they would've sold him being a central part of the project like Bruno when he was bought. 

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Gavi on a free? Apparently his league registration is being invalidated by La Liga and therefore cancelling his Barca contract.

I’d literally bare my arse in fenwicks window if that happened, love him 

26 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Osimhen incoming 😎

We're not at that level yet man. He's going to cost £100 million + :lol:

Marcus Thuram on a free would be a great alternative for us though.

7 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Gavi on a free? Apparently his league registration is being invalidated by La Liga and therefore cancelling his Barca contract.

Man City or Arsenal would snap him up before we could even manage to contact his representatives.

10 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Hmmm….don’t think so, sadly. 

Man City enquiring despite having Haaland and Alvarez is actually disgusting. Like seriously, just piss off man.

57 minutes ago, toon25 said:

I've always thought Eddie has preferred Burn because he makes the 3 when we're in possession/attacking positions whilst Trips bombs forward.

City look like they do the same

More to do with Burn's limitations in bombing forward and running at the opposition with the ball, so he was used that way instead.

Howe has always preferred to have full backs that push on ahead of his wide men, who play a bit narrower.

10 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

If we had gotten Joao Pedro instead of Isak I think we would have been in for Osimhen this summer as number one striker. Isak is number one for foreseeable I think as they would've sold him being a central part of the project like Bruno when he was bought. 

We would not have been in for Osimhen man :lol:

9 minutes ago, KaKa said:

We would not have been in for Osimhen man :lol:

We’ve been ‘in’ for him for a couple of years now- there’s always been rumours about our interest. Whether he’d come is another question, given the other clubs likely to be interested.

“with reports suggesting Newcastle have seen a previous approach for the 24-year-old turned down”

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-napoli-victor-osimhen-transfer-26424194.amp

edit- quick google search shows plenty of rumours about a possible €100m bid being made by us last year for him. 

Edited by Manxst

1 hour ago, Zero said:

Targett is good enough or else we won’t bring him in. The club is having doubt on his recovery rather than his natural ability, which is fair imo 

if he could put in a few performance before the end of the season we might not buy a new LB. That’s my feeling

Targett was good enough at £15m and for a team still in transition, but since we've progressed a lot quicker than we expected this season, not sure he's still going to be considered good enough going forward. He's a great defender, but we might be looking to bring in someone who can offer more going forward for next season.

19 minutes ago, Manxst said:

We’ve been ‘in’ for him for a couple of years now- there’s always been rumours about our interest. Whether he’d come is another question, given the other clubs likely to be interested.

“with reports suggesting Newcastle have seen a previous approach for the 24-year-old turned down”

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-napoli-victor-osimhen-transfer-26424194.amp

edit- quick google search shows plenty of rumours about a possible €100m bid being made by us last year for him. 

Hey man, if you believed those reports cool. I didn't for one second.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Hey man, if you believed those reports cool. I didn't for one second.

I genuinely think we’d have enquired, as he fits the profile exactly. Whether we actually bid or not, who knows. If he was genuinely available and to be transferred, we’d be stupid not to even enquire. 

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

I'd be very surprised if Osimhen went anywhere other than Chelsea for megabucks

Yeah, unfortunately they've built enough of a profile over the last 10 years so even if they are having a bad season, they will still appeal to a lot of foreign players, especially being based in London. Plus they just seem to be able to throw endless pots of money at players and keep them on board until their reputations have dived so much no one wants them any more. I suppose playing CL football helps, they can sustain a massive squad where clubs like us can only dream of it (for now).

13 minutes ago, KaKa said:

The price and competition for him both make him a non starter. It wouldn't even make sense.

Don’t disagree about price or competitors. Just that we’d be interested and that we have been for a while. It’s only natural to be wanting the best players. Our best time was last summer though, I think, when we probably could’ve bid under the radar, so to speak.