Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

15 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

£200m on Rice & Bellingham - one can dream

£200m might only get you Bellingham, if there's a bidding war. 

It looks like his heart is set on Real, and Dortmund might not be able to get quite such a large fee if there's only one club in it.

Someone else can take the risk on Rice. 

3 minutes ago, Cronky said:

It looks like his heart is set on Real, and Dortmund might not be able to get quite such a large fee if there's only one club in it.

Well if makes other clubs blow their budgets let's make some Rooney bids.. probably never get them at this stage in our journey but it would at least make others pay over the odds.

Re Bellingham - makes me wonder why anyone would want to go to Real Madrid anymore. Their fans are absolutely atrocious, the standard of Spanish football has definitely plummeted in the last 10 years and I can’t honestly think of one player who left with his dignity intact. They even booed Ronaldo ffs.

3 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

Re Bellingham - makes me wonder why anyone would want to go to Real Madrid anymore. Their fans are absolutely atrocious, the standard of Spanish football has definitely plummeted in the last 10 years and I can’t honestly think of one player who left with his dignity intact. They even booed Ronaldo ffs.

Some were just saying Boo-naldo.

6 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

Fans being attrocious is one thing, sure, but you get to play in a massive stadium, the weather is great, the pay is phenomenal, and playing against lesser opposition most of the time isn't really that bad a thing either and you're not expected to run round at a million miles per hour like in the PL either.

I'd rather play in Madrid in La Liga than Newcastle (Or Man U / Arsenal etc) in the PL, easily.

Edited by Chris_R

Just now, Chris_R said:

Fans being attrocious is one thing, sure, but you get to play in a massive stadium, the weather is great, the pay is phenomenal, and playing against lesser opposition most of the time isn't really that bad a thing either and you're not expected to run round at a million miles per hour like in the PL either.

I'd rather play in Madrid in La Liga than Newcastle in the PL, easily.

+trophies.

Just now, BonesJones said:

+trophies.

Indeed. Historically there's only 2 teams compete for the title most years. It's perhaps 3 recently with Atletico but I doubt anyone, even their fans, expect that to be permanent and it'll shortly be back to 2 again.

Casemiro literally held a press conference where he broke down in tears about leaving Real Madrid.  

Marcelo, Ramos, Ronaldo all left as heroes and legends. 

Only one to leave by the back door was Bale.  And that’s because he had given up club football for about 3 years while earning £100m.  Had he left after the overhead kick, he would’ve been celebrated. The British media slagged off Real fans for their treatment of Bale but when Bale came to Spurs and could barely get a kick under 3 managers, people realised he was done. Then he retires at 32/33

53 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Casemiro literally held a press conference where he broke down in tears about leaving Real Madrid.  

Marcelo, Ramos, Ronaldo all left as heroes and legends. 

Only one to leave by the back door was Bale.  And that’s because he had given up club football for about 3 years while earning £100m.  Had he left after the overhead kick, he would’ve been celebrated. The British media slagged off Real fans for their treatment of Bale but when Bale came to Spurs and could barely get a kick under 3 managers, people realised he was done. Then he retires at 32/33

Agree, it's a bit daft to suggest Madrid isn't a dream destination for any footballer wanting to reach the top. One of the most glamorous clubs in the world, a few bell end fans (which club doesn't have them?) isn't about to deter the best players in the world from going there.

1 hour ago, Cronky said:

I’m not sure if I’m completely sold on spending 80 to 100 million on Rice, but don’t think he’d be a risk. You’d get a top proven PL player who alongside Bruno would on paper look quite formidable. Think Rice is pretty low risk in grand scheme of things, but whether he represents best value when we have other areas to strengthen would be the question.

1 hour ago, Cronky said:

There's not going to be a bidding war though.

Only PSG, Barcelona and Chelsea have spent £110m+ on a single player. None of which can spend that amount now.

Rice would be a huge statement from the club.. around 90m for a player who could be captain for the next decade.. no risk about him not settling into the league or country.. big money but if we wanna play wit the big boys this is the level we need to be at.

IMO of course.

Also, it’s been reported by a couple of decent local hacks (Waugh, Hope) that the club want to sign half a dozen players this summer.  Even if they finish in the top four the budget isn’t going to be more than £150m based upon FFP.  Once you’ve sounded £90m+ on Rice, that doesn’t leave a lot of room for manoeuvre 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Even if we met WHU’s asking price, I don’t see us matching Rice’s likely salary demands.  We’re still at least a couple of years away from £200k+/pw players 

Bruno will be on that before the season ends... isak, botman not far behind him.

We wont be signing Rice and rightly so. We are not there yet to spend this much on one player. Especially with European games next season. Yes it will bring more money in but it will require us to strengthen the squad a lot more.

For the price and wages for Rice we could sign and pay wages to both Ugarte and Veiga and still have some wage over probably. Never say never but i would be amazed if it happens. Not the right way to go yet either imo.

Edited by Ikon

Personally think Rice is doable.

If our owners think they can sign Rice, they will do it. Wages and transfer fee won't be an issue.

He's a proper marquee player. He's the next england captain FFS. We would do it.

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Also, it’s been reported by a couple of decent local hacks (Waugh, Hope) that the club want to sign half a dozen players this summer.  Even if they finish in the top four the budget isn’t going to be more than £150m based upon FFP.  Once you’ve sounded £90m+ on Rice, that doesn’t leave a lot of room for manoeuvre 

We're spending £200m+ if we sign 6 imo (assuming we qualify for the CL).

We spent £180m on 5 this year. How are we going to spend £150m on 6 while being int he CL?

Just now, The College Dropout said:

We're spending £200m+ if we sign 6 imo (assuming we qualify for the CL).

We spent £180m on 5 this year. How are we going to spend £150m on 6 while being int he CL?

Spot on. Said the same the other day.

We've also got a couple of saleable assets for a change.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I think Rice would want closer to £300k than £200k and I don't think we'll do that.

Most likely aye.

Edited by Ikon