Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 minutes ago, LV said:

£80m for Mount :lol:

And £350,000 p/w wages :lol: :lol:

Anyone paying that needs sectioning (or to give me some of their money) 

Ridiculous! He's got West Ham written all over him.

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

What's this?

Their financial year ends on 30th June for 2022/23 and the domestic transfer window is expected to open early/mid June.

My understanding of it is that they effectively need to shift as many expendable players as possible to fellow PL clubs before 30th June, to recover this set of accounts for FFP.

Anyone they sell that is an academy product or beyond the span of their initial contract will go down as pure profit in an accounting sense, as there's no amortisation element. Anyone with a low "book value" as far as amortisation is concerned is also on the block, as they just need to command a transfer fee larger than the book value to record an individual profit on that player.

Obviously every other club in the PL and in world football knows about this deadline, so it seems a case of not breaking rank and trying to pick off bargains the closer and closer they get to the 30th. I can't see it happening, unfortunately. Clubs will still be desperate to get certain players that they consider game-changing for them, and might hang on a bit to save a few quid, but they'll be mindful of hanging on too long and allowing more competitors into the race.

There's also the will of the players to take into account, of course. Should be fun to watch and we'll probably be a part of it ourselves.

The question has to be who would pay that for Mount. There can't be many suitors. Man U have their Bruno and don't need him.

Us to an extent, Brighton, Villa and Brentford are all showing its not about big wages. Its making the league more interesting.

Just now, Stottie said:

The question has to be who would pay that for Mount. There can't be many suitors. Man U have their Bruno and don't need him.

Us to an extent, Brighton, Villa and Brentford are all showing its not about big wages. Its making the league more interesting.

Liverpool?

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Every time Craig writes an article I’m expecting him to throw cold water on any excitement. 

all due respect to Hope, who I do really like a ton. 

I heard that when Bruce was there he got a lot of info from Longstaff but now things are better he is less willing to share info. Maybe that’s why he’s gone negative ?

2 hours ago, Kanji said:

Every time Craig writes an article I’m expecting him to throw cold water on any excitement. 

all due respect to Hope, who I do really like a ton. 

I'm not a huge fan of him tbh. Think he gets a huge bye from our fans because of the Bruce saga and the vibe I get from him is as soon as we go on a bad run he'll be the first one going after Howe.

Mount is good but it's easy to get rinsed for price and wages for these type of overhyped english players. We do need homegrown talent for sure but I am more than happy to buy smart, it's not any of them will be as good as Bruno already is and if we start giving people huge wages over the top of him? I am not sure you hire Dan Ashworth to do the kind of back page of the sun transfer shopping Man U do. 

22 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Liverpool?

I don't think Liverpool are keen on chucking ridiculous money at players next season after the season they've had following giving Salah a bumper contract.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Their financial year ends on 30th June for 2022/23 and the domestic transfer window is expected to open early/mid June.

My understanding of it is that they effectively need to shift as many expendable players as possible to fellow PL clubs before 30th June, to recover this set of accounts for FFP.

Anyone they sell that is an academy product or beyond the span of their initial contract will go down as pure profit in an accounting sense, as there's no amortisation element. Anyone with a low "book value" as far as amortisation is concerned is also on the block, as they just need to command a transfer fee larger than the book value to record an individual profit on that player.

Obviously every other club in the PL and in world football knows about this deadline, so it seems a case of not breaking rank and trying to pick off bargains the closer and closer they get to the 30th. I can't see it happening, unfortunately. Clubs will still be desperate to get certain players that they consider game-changing for them, and might hang on a bit to save a few quid, but they'll be mindful of hanging on too long and allowing more competitors into the race.

There's also the will of the players to take into account, of course. Should be fun to watch and we'll probably be a part of it ourselves.

I love shit like this when it's not us involved. I hope they struggle like mad tbh.

Time to gouge their eyes out for the damage they’ve done to football in this country. Make them pay the highest price for gaming the system to fuck for two decades plus, with their 100+ players out on loan. Awful club 

17 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I'm not a huge fan of him tbh. Think he gets a huge bye from our fans because of the Bruce saga and the vibe I get from him is as soon as we go on a bad run he'll be the first one going after Howe.

Me neither. It's all about Craig Hope. He could have sat on the Fraser in the reserves story in Cup Final week but couldn't wait to get it out there.

39 minutes ago, Stottie said:

I’ve heard Liverpool is a done deal apparently.

But only from a Liverpool fan I know so it’s prob bollocks 

11 minutes ago, Sean said:

Mount comes across as a bit of a twat. I met a girl at a party last Xmas claiming to be his girlfriend... she was a complete twat too :lol:

He comes across as a right cocky little shit, without having really done anything to justify it. Saying that, would be quite happy if he ended up here :lol: