Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

36 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I'm not a huge fan of him tbh. Think he gets a huge bye from our fans because of the Bruce saga and the vibe I get from him is as soon as we go on a bad run he'll be the first one going after Howe.

I have a soft spot for him because he used to be one of us (on here).

37 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Yeah this. What did the give Salah again?

Not sure about the official figure, but heard something like 350k/week being bandied about. It's not made him or their team any better for it.

46 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

He comes across as a right cocky little shit, without having really done anything to justify it. Saying that, would be quite happy if he ended up here :lol:

I know quite a few people who know Mount and apparently he's absolutely sound. Don't see this "cocky little shit" thing at all.

EDIT: I've overplayed that. I know two people who know Mount :lol:

Edited by Shearergol

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

I know quite a few people who know Mount and apparently he's absolutely sound. Don't see this "cocky little shit" thing at all.

He was at my kids' football club and spent about an hour signing autographs and posing for pictures - he seemed like a decent guy tbh.

10 minutes ago, simonsays said:

He was at my kids' football club and spent about an hour signing autographs and posing for pictures - he seemed like a decent guy tbh.

Already sounder than the entire Arsenal squad based on this.

2 hours ago, Shearergol said:

Liverpool?

Mac Alister is better suited to Liverpool as he can play deeper too, Mac Alister will have way less wages and Brighton are willing to sell him for a decent price given his solid years of service.

2 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I'm not a huge fan of him tbh. Think he gets a huge bye from our fans because of the Bruce saga and the vibe I get from him is as soon as we go on a bad run he'll be the first one going after Howe.

Works for the Daily Mail, ergo he's a cunt.

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

EDIT: I've overplayed that. I know two people who know Mount :lol:

Always thought he seemed very normal and boring for a footballer. Can’t even choose a trendy haircut. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

10 minutes ago, BrianSwan said:

Mac Alister is better suited to Liverpool as he can play deeper too, Mac Alister will have way less wages and Brighton are willing to sell him for a decent price given his solid years of service.

I get the feeling he's a one/two season wonder. Not sure why.

2 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I love shit like this when it's not us involved. I hope they struggle like mad tbh.

I really think Chelsea are on the verge of falling back to what they used to be. Next season is absolutely critical for them. A couple years out of the CL could do a number on their financial status and the perception of them as one of England and Europe's elites. It's entirely possible the Abramovich Era section on their Wikipedia page stands out decades from now as the golden years of the club. Hopefully 2023-2043 only merits a couple paragraphs, the same as 1983-2003.

(I'm partially writing this to will it into existence)

2 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

I really think Chelsea are on the verge of falling back to what they used to be. Next season is absolutely critical for them. A couple years out of the CL could do a number on their financial status and the perception of them as one of England and Europe's elites. It's entirely possible the Abramovich Era section on their Wikipedia page stands out decades from now as the golden years of the club. Hopefully 2023-2043 only merits a couple paragraphs, the same as 1983-2003.

(I'm partially writing this to will it into existence)

I hope you're right because I despise them and always have, but unfortunately I think they'll come back next year. No European competition so they will have a lot less games, there'll be more new signings, the squad gelling some more and a proper coaching setup with a real plan, so it's hard to see them outside the top 4-6 with that squad plus whatever they add to it i.e. an actual striker who can hit 20+ goals. I'd love them to become a mid table irrelevance again, just hard to see it.

Edited by LionOfGosforth

1 hour ago, LionOfGosforth said:

I hope you're right, unfortunately, because I despise them and always have, I think they'll come back next year. No European competition so many less games, more new signings, squad gelling some more and a proper coaching setup with a real plan, it's hard to see them outside the top 4-6 with that squad plus whatever they add to it i.e. an actual striker who can hit 20+ goals. I'd love them to become a mid table irrelevance again, just hard to see it.

No question my comment could look idiotic in a year. With the right manager and a couple changes it wouldn't be that shocking to see them near the top of the table. But I do think they are in a precarious position.

25 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

I would like this a lot. I think I deserve it

I'm not that high on him personally, dont know if its because big Sven was so ideal last year my sights are set to high but when Ive watched Ugarte for them he hasn't massively impressed me. Not that keen on Schuurs from Torino either