Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

13 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

For what it's worth, this is why I don't think it's a shoe in that we bid for Maddison. That plus there's been a lot of noise that he fancies London.

Where to play Maddison would be a very nice dilemma to have 

2 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

Where to play Maddison would be a very nice dilemma to have 

Aye, top player who would walk into our side. He'd be a decent chunk of change though, we might prefer to buy a plyer who is more suited to the way we play. 

4 hours ago, Ben said:

Nee Rice ? 

Nah. I’m probably the only dude on here that thinks that way though. 

I think we play in a system and style that we don’t need an out and out DM, which is what I think he offers (amongst some other stuff to be fair). I think we need another all rounder. 

I just don’t find him to be the fix that everyone else sees him as. 

Edited by cubaricho

Think who we'll go for and who we'll be able to attract depends almost entirely on whether we make the CL. Think we're looking at two different sets of targets.  Think we can forget about the likes of Maddison and Rice if were not in the CL.

3 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Think who we'll go for and who we'll be able to attract depends almost entirely on whether we make the CL. Think we're looking at two different sets of targets.  Think we can forget about the likes of Maddison and Rice if were not in the CL.

But IF we are :tobey:

17 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Nah. I’m probably the only dude on here that thinks that way though. 

I think we play in a system and style that we don’t need an out and out DM, which is what I think he offers (amongst some other stuff to be fair). I think we need another all rounder. 

I just don’t find him to be the fix that everyone else sees him as. 

I think his driving forward with the ball and covering ground is very underrated. He would probably occupy the middle slot but I think his style in terms of attack/defence would probably be closer to Bruno than someone who purely just sits. 

Even Rodri is getting goals and assists these days.  

I think it's very unlikely we can get Rice anyway, but I think it would be an injection of presence and quality that would really take us to another level. 

1 minute ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I don't think we need CL to get him, personally; if Leicester had been a more willing seller last summer I think we'd have got him then. 

Rice I don't think we'll be in the running for regardless. He'll go to Man City imo. 

2 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Then we're in with a shout for almost anyone thats been seriously linked. Dont think we'll be first choice, but we'll be in the conversation. 

Still pinch myself, to be where we are. Dreaming again, the possibilities! Onwards and upwards :indi:

Feel like Ugarte would be the best fit for our style. While more defensively-minded, he's technically good enough to be able to rotate with Bruno in games and play 6/8 when needed, covers ground well, pressing mentality, got the feet to get past pressing opponents.

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think his driving forward with the ball and covering ground is very underrated. He would probably occupy the middle slot but I think his style in terms of attack/defence would probably be closer to Bruno than someone who purely just sits. 

Even Rodri is getting goals and assists these days.  

I think it's very unlikely we can get Rice anyway, but I think it would be an injection of presence and quality that would really take us to another level. 

I was reading somewhere that Rice struggles with opposition that press high. Personally, I've not seen that myself, but that'd be a flag for our style if true as I think Howe will want us to improve in possession next year. I don't think we'll ever become like City under Howe but I'd be very surprised if he doesn't want us to manage the ball better in certain situations.

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

I was reading somewhere that Rice struggles with opposition that press high. Personally, I've not seen that myself, but that'd be a flag for our style if true as I think Howe will want us to improve in possession next year. I don't think we'll ever become like City under Howe but I'd be very surprised if he doesn't want us to manage the ball better in certain situations.

Yeah, personally I always prefer possession football but I’m not sure it is Howe’s way. Just giving the ball away less would be an improvement. 

Local media here in Denmark says we have agreed to buy 18 year old Gambian forward Yankuba Minteh from Odense BK. The fee should be between 4 and 7 million £.

Edit: The Prophet beat me to it 😁

Edited by mosstef

Just now, gbandit said:

Never heard of him, sounds like an Ashworth transfer model masterclass in the making

He's raw but very talented. However, there've been some rumours of disciplinary problems this season.

2 minutes ago, mosstef said:

Local media here in Denmark says we have agreed to buy 18 year old Gambian forward Yankuba Minteh from Odense BK. The fee should be between 4 and 7 million £.

Edit: The Prophet beat me to it 😁

Same agents as Isak according to Transfermarkt. Doubts it's relevant mind.