Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

I really think Chelsea are on the verge of falling back to what they used to be. Next season is absolutely critical for them. A couple years out of the CL could do a number on their financial status and the perception of them as one of England and Europe's elites. It's entirely possible the Abramovich Era section on their Wikipedia page stands out decades from now as the golden years of the club. Hopefully 2023-2043 only merits a couple paragraphs, the same as 1983-2003.

(I'm partially writing this to will it into existence)

As long as Todd Boehly is calling the shots, they have a real chance at remaining mid table for years to come. He just keeps making mistakes and digging the hole deeper. The dressing room incident is just the latest.  

Think Mount will go to Liverpool but for 40-50m, there'll be no bidding war, Mount will have his preferred destination and the two clubs will agree a fee acceptable to both. Similar to how they got Thiago. No doubt Liverpool have done a good bit of work behind the scenes.

3 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I think Mount wants money, and he’ll find that no one will offer him more than Chelsea.

He's still so young and really hasn't achieved that much yet, to be asking for that kind of money. Really strange.

Amadou Haidara's name has popped up again as a player we will be looking to sign.

Was linked very heavily after the takeover and probably would have been signed in the summer had he not got injured towards the end of last season.

Interestingly enough Brighton were looking to sign him in January as a replacement for Caicedo if he had left. And so that is a really good sign too.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Amadou Haidara's name has popped up again as a player we will be looking to sign.

Was linked very heavily after the takeover and probably would have been signed in the summer had he not got injured towards the end of last season.

Interestingly enough Brighton were looking to sign him in January as a replacement for Caicedo if he had left. And so that is a really good sign too.

Aye the chronicle linked him yesterday, link below although the website is terrible 

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Every time I’ve seen him he looks to be all over the pitch almost like Kante.

Think if we are going to spend big I’d rather it be on a 6 but think he’d be a great fit as a Longstaff upgrade 

6 minutes ago, Ace said:

Every time I’ve seen him he looks to be all over the pitch almost like Kante.

Think if we are going to spend big I’d rather it be on a 6 but think he’d be a great fit as a Longstaff upgrade 

Yeah, really dynamic and can play both the 6 and 8 roles so would be a really good pick up.

7 minutes ago, Ace said:

Hell no 

Why man? He is quality.

Another we were very strongly linked with after the takeover, when Howe came in.

Think he will end up at Villa though, as Emery was the one that signed him for Arsenal and apparently wants him again.

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Isn't he meant to be a bit of a cunt?

Not really man. Just really competitive and can get quite fiery, but not in a bad way.

Fantastic footballer and dictates a game beautifully from that 6 position. Think he's absolutely class.

54 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Class defending but jesus christ in the PL he'll be giving away VAR thrusted pels every game. 

I thought similar about Botman. Whenever I watched him for Lille he loved a push.

6 hours ago, The Prophet said:

At least we have Isaac Hayden and Jeff Hendrick coming back to give us a bit of depth in the middle.

Jesus christ, had forgotten all about them :lol: That's back-up to Bruno and Longstaff sorted then!

7 hours ago, KaKa said:

Why man? He is quality.

Another we were very strongly linked with after the takeover, when Howe came in.

Think he will end up at Villa though, as Emery was the one that signed him for Arsenal and apparently wants him again.

I disagree, he was a player who was typical of the old Arsenal in that despite being technically good he has the heart of a pea and will disappear when it matters.

Having followed him at Marseille I don’t see any improvement in that issue and think he’s a really bad fit for what we are going for.

it wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say there are 50 better options out there 

Edit: Also he’d be useless as a 6 against quality opponents. There’s a reason he plays as one of the front 3 in tougher games where he can run around more. 

Edited by Ace

8 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Isn't he meant to be a bit of a cunt?

Yep. Got exiled by Arteta for his attitude issues. Grabbed Maupay by the throat after having gobbed off all game about how much he (Maupay) earns compared to Arsenal players and that he’d never reach their wage. Blames others for shit games and never himself, including in training where he falls over in disgust at a misplaced pass etc. Fallen out with various Marseille players and every single manager he’s played for. 

he’s competitive when playing but a definite no in terms of character.

36 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Yep. Got exiled by Arteta for his attitude issues. Grabbed Maupay by the throat after having gobbed off all game about how much he (Maupay) earns compared to Arsenal players and that he’d never reach their wage. Blames others for shit games and never himself, including in training where he falls over in disgust at a misplaced pass etc. Fallen out with various Marseille players and every single manager he’s played for. 

he’s competitive when playing but a definite no in terms of character.

Lovely chap. Not seeing him as an Eddie player.