Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

From the article:

“Even without Champions League football, Newcastle are going to be ambitious in their recruitment drive with players such as James Maddison, Moises Caicedo, Conor Gallagher, Ivan Toney, Kaoru Mitoma, Kavlin Phillips, Jarrod Bowen and Declan Rice being discussed, along with the likes of Scott McTominay, Harvey Barnes and Kieran Tierney.

There are also several players currently playing abroad who are attracting firm interest, with Borussia Monchengladbach’s Marcus Thuram, Celta Vigo’s Gabri Veiga, Bayer Leverkusen’s Moussa Diaby and Napoli pair Victor Osimhen and Khvicha Kvaratskhelia admired.”

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

I mean, I'm sure if we finish top four there'll be some significant alteration possible.

Man, could you imagine if the summer got here and we went out and brought in Kvaratskhelia, Diaby, Rice, Maddison and Alphonso Davies to beef up the first team.

:lol:

Maybe added João Pedro and a couple of other young lads to give us a bit of depth.

I genuinely think we'd have issues with members of the forum wanking themselves to death before the new season even gets here.

6 minutes ago, Manxst said:

From the article:

“Even without Champions League football, Newcastle are going to be ambitious in their recruitment drive with players such as James Maddison, Moises Caicedo, Conor Gallagher, Ivan Toney, Kaoru Mitoma, Kavlin Phillips, Jarrod Bowen and Declan Rice being discussed, along with the likes of Scott McTominay, Harvey Barnes and Kieran Tierney.

There are also several players currently playing abroad who are attracting firm interest, with Borussia Monchengladbach’s Marcus Thuram, Celta Vigo’s Gabri Veiga, Bayer Leverkusen’s Moussa Diaby and Napoli pair Victor Osimhen and Khvicha Kvaratskhelia admired.”

he’s throwing shit at the wall and seeing if anything sticks like

Edwards is just a contrary cunt. When we are flying he can't wait to hoy a spanner in the works.

Our worst defeat of the season and he comes our with this

Cant take a word that he writes seriously

16 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

ASM ?

I don’t know who will pay the amount of money that would make him a worthwhile sale. You’d have to be looking at above £30m and I don’t see anyone paying that for him 

56 minutes ago, Manxst said:

From the article:

Scattergun well and truly fired

One name really doesnt fit with the rest of them though

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

We could easily con someone for £25m for Murphy like. "Played a part in every game for a team that finished in the top 6"

This is true like, we do have players with some value in the squad who could bring in money now. Almiron and Murphy would be worth decent money, and there is of course ASM, Targett just to mention a few.

Its an annoyance of mine how many of our fans think all of our players are worthless. I've said this before but: 

Lascelles 14m (we got Burn for similar)

Manquillo 2/3m

Dubravka 5m

Murphy 16m (we won't sell Murphy)

Targett 12m

ASM 35/40m

Krafth 7m

Miggy 30/35m

Before you @ me, we are on for a top 4 finish and just sold Chris fucking Wood for 20m or some shit. Players like Murphy/Lascelles are well worth that value if they keep someone in the league. 

Prices are inflated and stupid, we need to start taking advantage of it. I'm not saying we should sell the above players, more that we could.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Point taken @STM but we're not getting £14m for Lascelles like.

I don't see why not. He's 29 and our upturn has raised his profile. Promoted team or a struggling team could easily roll the dice on him just for his experience and leadership and £14m is nothing in 2023.

1 minute ago, Pata said:

I don't see why not. He's 29 and our upturn has raised his profile. Promoted team or a struggling team could easily roll the dice on him just for his experience and leadership and £14m is nothing in 2023.

I thought he was closer to 31 tbh, if he's still 29 then it's not outrageous to ask £14m. I wihdraw my skepticism forthwith.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I thought he was closer to 31 tbh, if he's still 29 then it's not outrageous to ask £14m. I wihdraw my skepticism forthwith.

It entirely depends on the club mind. He's a "Dyche 14m". Absolutely no point in having him in an expansive team. If you are set up well to defend he will be decent.