Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Robinson has amazing energy and is excellent going forward, I echo the sentiments on him as a defender though.

I just look at a player like him and imagine what Howe could do with him.

He wouldn't be my number 1 choice but he's a good player.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Robinson has amazing energy and is excellent going forward, I echo the sentiments on him as a defender though.

I just look at a player like him and imagine what Howe could do with him.

He wouldn't be my number 1 choice but he's a good player.

Lewis was rated before he came here, he’s pacy and has similar qualities why didn’t Howe focus on him

Just now, kingxlnc said:

Lewis was rated before he came here, he’s pacy and has similar qualities why didn’t Howe focus on him

Almost as though Robinson and Lewis are two different people.

6 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Any reason why you are comparing two entirely different people? I think I can guess. [emoji38]

6 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Lewis did start for Howe before he was injured.

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Please no. We have Lewis in the squad who arguably no better or worse.

You might not rate Robinson that highly, but he's in another stratosphere to Lewis. He started almost every game for Fulham who had a very good season (I think). 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I’m not wanting us to sign Robinson but to say he isn’t better than Lewis is laughable.

When I’ve seen Robinson he’s looked better going forward than Lewis and worse defending than Lewis. Any improvement overall is marginal which is why I added arguably. If we are assuming we would get no more than £5-10m for Lewis then with a tight budget IMO you’d be wasting the extra £20-25m of it to swap them. Targett is also better than both and age wise coming into his prime.

Robinson has matured and completely turned his career around at Fulham, he is coming off the back of an excellent season and a good showing in the World Cup.

Howe will make him even better but I think he might end up at Man City.

I don't know why people are bringing up Lewis, but I think it's fair to ask does Robinson really provide enough of a difference on 2022 Targett? (I'm assuming he was just woefully out of form this past season due to injuries)

Now that I think about it I haven't seen many mentions of selling him, but not sure why we'd keep Targett around if we brought in a new LB.

17 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

You might not rate Robinson that highly, but he's in another stratosphere to Lewis. He started almost every game for Fulham who had a very good season (I think). 

I’ll take your word for it as going off a a very small sample size for both. Just going off the two games I attended against Fulham and the couple of games I watched them. Arsenal in particular he was embarrassing in his defending and I’m rarely that critical of any player as you know. Lewis after picking up another injury looks done here unfortunately as can’t stay fit long enough to repay the club in any shape of what was a sizeable fee. Shame for him as EH got a couple of decent games out of him but hasn’t been fit since. So hopefully Robinson would be fitter so that would be a major plus ?