Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Smith man. His home debut against Villa is seared in to my brain as a lesson in how not to play with a single jot of composure or positional nous. Absolute travesty of a player and what's worse we didn't even need him (or the player he used to be when we bought him).

The only reason I hated Owen was that he didn't want to be here and was always pining for the Liverpool shirt which he gave up himself when he thought the glory days were over. Other than that, there was no doubting his talent. The little f***ing s***.

Disagree with that like, with us at least. In 08/09 he was pitiful and spineless. One on one vs Portsmouth and he hits it straight at David James. Owen was a good finisher with incredible pace. Once that pace went he was absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.

He was still a good finisher, I just felt he didn't put the effort in during the final season after Keegan's efforts to get him a new contract were stonewalled.

Owen had excellent movement and good in the air. Too brand him as purely a runner and finisher is false. Losing pace due to injuries isn't the same as losing it to age and it affects other factors in mobility.

In his final season the heart wasn't in it and he didn't put in the effort. A classless clown and i'm glad he's not looked upon as favourably as it once looked like he would be.

Guest firetotheworks

The only reason I hated Owen was that he didn't want to be here and was always pining for the Liverpool shirt which he gave up himself when he thought the glory days were over. Other than that, there was no doubting his talent. The little f***ing s***.

Disagree with that like, with us at least. In 08/09 he was pitiful and spineless. One on one vs Portsmouth and he hits it straight at David James. Owen was a good finisher with incredible pace. Once that pace went he was absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.

He was still a good finisher, I just felt he didn't put the effort in during the final season after Keegan's efforts to get him a new contract were stonewalled.

Owen had excellent movement and good in the air. Too brand him as purely a runner and finisher is false. Losing pace due to injuries isn't the same as losing it to age and it affects other factors in mobility.

In his final season the heart wasn't in it and he didn't put in the effort. A classless clown and i'm glad he's not looked upon as favourably as it once looked like he would be.

:lol: I said his pace went, I'm well aware that it was due to injuries.

:lol: I said his pace went, I'm well aware that it was due to injuries.

Seems like you attributed his lack of pace as the reason for his lack of effectiveness in his later career. But his body had gave up on him.

He gave up on us and for that - I detest the man. Awful captain. Awful man. Awful pundit. Awful commentator.

Smith's first eight or nine games for us were actually as a wide midfielder on the right, under Allardyce. :lol:

We had a midfield of Smith - Butt - Geremi - Milner at one point :lol:

All good to excellent footballers at some point in their careers. None at that point except perhaps Milner.

Young players with the attitude of Milner man... under rated.

Smith's first eight or nine games for us were actually as a wide midfielder on the right, under Allardyce. :lol:

We had a midfield of Smith - Butt - Geremi - Milner at one point :lol:

How many PL/CL/domestic cup winners medals between those four? :lol:

Which game was it where pardew, I think just brought him on mindlessly with 20 to go and we drew 3-3 or something after being 3-1. Up? West Brom?

Might be getting my scores mixed up but he definitely did it and it was as good as a sending off.

Which game was it where pardew, I think just brought him on mindlessly with 20 to go and we drew 3-3 or something after being 3-1. Up? West Brom?

Might be getting my scores mixed up but he definitely did it and it was as good as a sending off.

Aye. Cost us 3 league places too iirc.

For such a shit footballer, the merits of Alan Smith get debated a whole hell of a lot.

Easily the worst I've seen play more than 50 games for us.

Even more so when you bear in mind fee and wages. Rancid.

3-0 up!

Was at that one. So fucking annoying.

Aye. Cost us 3 league places too iirc.

Mackems went above us and never stopped going on about netd