Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Wish English football was like Germany. Really is for the fans.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/german-football-fan-arrested-for-12131214.amp

A German football fan has been arrested after he was allegedly caught 'masturbating in the stands' while watching a Bundesliga clash.

The unknown Hertha Berlin supporter was snapped on video midway through the lewd act - and it was quickly uploaded to social media for all to see.

The images of the man sprawled across the terraces with his jeans around his ankles unsurprisingly went viral, with many struggling to understand why someone would choose a football stadium to partake in such an act.

He was seen being accosted by Schalke stewards before being ejected from the arena during their 1-0 victory over Hertha.

Originally posted by Twitter user dueSe04, the Schalke fan wrote: "This really happened in the Arena yesterday. Unbelievable," before the video and pictures were later deleted.

The pictures have been circulated among several German newspapers with the publications reporting the man had been arrested after a scuffle with police.

He now faces indecency and assault charges.

A first-half strike from Marko Pjaca was enough for Schalke to overcome the visitors and help them move up to second, whilst the capital city club slumped to 12th in the Bundesliga.

someone pull up KI's post about strangling him and watching the life drain from his face :lol:

EDIT: Was about some poor random lass on facebook, must have been re-used about Pardew.

I'd love to strangle her to death, watching the life drain from her face.

I recall re-using/stealing KI’s post in the Pards thread.

If that was one of our lot to Ashley I'd be embarrassed tbh. No need for it. As much as we as football fans get emotional when losing, you're a idiot if you put that emotion before the basic respect for another human being. Yes they're footballers, billionaire owners etc, but they're f***ing people first and deserve to be treat like it.

I admire your values, IC. Good point.

Here's a random and peripherally relevant 'knowledge-bomb': even in the most extreme conflict you can (most people, not accurately) imagine, you don't have to turn all psychopathic and disrespectful. Studies of killing in war reckon most of the small arms kills come from a very small percentage of the front line soldiers (WWII, 70% kills from 2%). Mostly infantrymen were posturing and firing wildly and ineffectively, many trotting-out hate-fuelled rhetoric. 1% of the effective killers were psychopaths, i.e. callous and generally malevolent, didn't care about anybody but themselves. The other 1%, were decent moral men. Who cared about their 'people' (brothers in arms, family, town/city, country etc) enough to overcome the p*ss your pants terror and fundamental wrongness of taking life. The point?  You wouldn't want to damage/threaten something precious to, or generally f*** with with,  the latter group (or the psychos) but they would be more likely to maintain respect for you, even if they were willing to end you. The chest beaters and shouters, well it is just (often self-defeating) noise.

If Ashley is the enemy, personally I would rather not let his actions lead me to behave in a way which doesn't fit my values. Which drags me down to his level. Doesn't mean that I wouldn't kick the living s*** out of him, but I would have to be given due cause to exert 'reasonable force' (honest officer).

A nice post Altamullan, thanks for that.

I am of the belief that people are infinitely more than just the role they play, or what we see through our accumulated knowledge of them. Yes Mike Ashley is doing an absolutely terrible job at his role as far as Newcastle fans are concerned, but is that enough to equate that role with who he is and therefore allow myself to be lowered to a level where I would be willing to treat him in a way that corresponds with such a monstrous act of reductionism? (by which I mean, there's Mike Ashley the concept, and Mike Ashley the miraculous, automated life-vessel no different to you and I, and to take him solely as the concept is a huge act of reductionism where I'm coming from). Many would be... is the answer, but I would prefer to see myself living in better conditions. We have all said and done bad things, and I know I would appreciate deeply in another the ability to still recognise in me the thing that we share on a basic human level, so the very least I can do is treat people according to that. Respect and kindness come naturally when we can recognise that, we don't even need to try (athough it does not mean an unwillingness to act if a situation required it of you). Unfortunately that value doesn't include the idea that allowing my ego to run rampant over the person standing in front of me with the belief that it will somehow make me feel good is okay, as fun as that sounds...  :aww:

Aye Jenas was a dickhead.

Truth is he didn't impose himself enough to become a top footballer. At the end of the day, he simply wasn't good enough or didn't show it. Newcastle or Spurs fans would say the same. Seemed to have the raw ability to do it all but rarely actually put it to use. Never scored more than 6 goals in a PL season. Doubt his assists were any higher. Sideways, sideways, sideways. Good athlete and frame, rarely used it to boss the midfield. And it's all down to him and nobody else. And that's because he didn't put in the graft in training or on match day. He left not much better than when he joined and didn't improve at Spurs either.

He semi suggests he was the best player at NUFC. That was never the case.

Flattered to deceive his entire career.

Guest Howaythetoon

Jenas was a waster and it’s no coincidence he was in with Dyer and co in their clique. He wasn't interested in England caps or further advancement. He probably thought it was gonna come to him anyway. He had talent and I do feel at times he wasnt used in the correct way which I thought was a box to box midfielder in the vein of Gilberto or Willian today, minus the goals of the latter. Sir Bobby wanted him to replace Speed and Souness thought he could be our Vieira. he seems a meak personality who didn’t have the drive and professionalism or desire of a Shearer. Just another in a long line of talented Toon players who basically didn’t achieve or fulfil their potential. But still, he arguably had the best spell of his career here and somehow, like Bellamy, Bramble and Dyer seems to resent it or are bitter. Wonder why... because they fucking know.

Still ranks as one of our better CM's but he was never the guy like that. Not even close.

Give over. You'll be slagging Damien Duff next.

LOL. Ranks fairly high in my most disliked players old Damien Duff. Primarily because I remember him being a top player - joined us - absolutely crap. Leaves - and somehow continues in the PL for another 3 years... actually doing good stuff from time to time.

What a total bellend.

Jenas was a waster and it’s no coincidence he was in with Dyer and co in their clique. He wasn't interested in England caps or further advancement. He probably thought it was gonna come to him anyway. He had talent and I do feel at times he wasnt used in the correct way which I thought was a box to box midfielder in the vein of Gilberto or Willian today, minus the goals of the latter. Sir Bobby wanted him to replace Speed and Souness thought he could be our Vieira. he seems a meak personality who didn’t have the drive and professionalism or desire of a Shearer. Just another in a long line of talented Toon players who basically didn’t achieve or fulfil their potential. But still, he arguably had the best spell of his career here and somehow, like Bellamy, Bramble and Dyer seems to resent it or are bitter. Wonder why... because they f***ing know.

Box to box like the defensive midfielder Gilberto Silva or the attacking midfielder Willian? Eh?

Bellamy actually went on to be a better player away from Newcastle tbh.

Guest Howaythetoon

Jenas was a waster and it’s no coincidence he was in with Dyer and co in their clique. He wasn't interested in England caps or further advancement. He probably thought it was gonna come to him anyway. He had talent and I do feel at times he wasnt used in the correct way which I thought was a box to box midfielder in the vein of Gilberto or Willian today, minus the goals of the latter. Sir Bobby wanted him to replace Speed and Souness thought he could be our Vieira. he seems a meak personality who didn’t have the drive and professionalism or desire of a Shearer. Just another in a long line of talented Toon players who basically didn’t achieve or fulfil their potential. But still, he arguably had the best spell of his career here and somehow, like Bellamy, Bramble and Dyer seems to resent it or are bitter. Wonder why... because they f***ing know.

Box to box like the defensive midfielder Gilberto Silva or the attacking midfielder Willian? Eh?

Bellamy actually went on to be a better player away from Newcastle tbh.

Box to box in terms of being able to protect the back four and get forward which both Gilberto and Willian did or do which Jenas had the stamina, pace and physical attributes to do if not the tactical acumen or positional sense. That comes with coaching, desire to learn and more than anything being given that kind of role. Bellamy was a much better player for us, but could have been even better if he applied himself more.

I thought positionally and tactically Jenas was fine. He just didn't improve or impose himself in matches. Matches would pass him by and you would wonder why. He didn't lack for anything physically and was technically solid.

I remember at the time some really hated him. I think I defended him a fair bit because he had ability and normally wasn't bad - but he was rarely any good. Consistently put in 5 - 7's getting by on nothing but decent natural ability. Clearly he was an arrogant prick who thought he was better than he was.

Bellamy - I think he reached his potential. Listening to Dyer he trained extremely hard. He improved his finishing a lot with us. He left a much better player than he joined. Can't say the same for Jenas.

I watched it and the first bit he was talking about was fair enough, how it was hard for him to break into that team with the competition etc. And NUFC not doing so well after Sir Bobby left, but the second part he was talking complete bull s*** how he was miles ahead of everyone after coming from England training. And on that point, you might be training with better players, but the training isn’t as intense with England as at club level, it’s mainly light work, tactical stuff and massages and stretching etc.

He was here for 3 and a bit years, for 2 and a bit of those we were 4th, 3rd & 5th, at least on a par with what Lampard & Gerrard had at the time. He can't be basing how his career didn't take off because of one season?

Scott Parker came in when we were the pits, went on to the same club as Jenas, had no problem getting England recognition and winning Player of the Year. Needs to look at himself rather than seemingly blame the 04-05 season for how his career panned out.

Mahrez’s Facebook hacked?

Aye.

After the last consultation with many doctors, I’ve decided to stay away from football ,As my time as a football player comes to an end , I would like to say few words.

I want to thank everybody for the kindness and support they have shown me in this incredible city , you will be always in my heart .

SSN says he has been hacked.