Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

45 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Andy Goram has terminal cancer and has less than 6 months to live

Which one? (Apologies… too soon ?)

Terrible news ??‍♂️

5 hours ago, TBG said:

Watching that Champions League Immortals thing from BT Sport.

Why the fuck are they calling Owen, Moe? Sounds like a nickname hes given himself. 

He's a pathetic, slimy little cretin like Moe Syzlack?

3 hours ago, gbandit said:

Strange mixture of ricks and freak goals. There were quite a few that were just incredibly unlucky, prefer a nonstop set of howlers 

The couple where defender/keeper absolutely smash it into the net were ace :lol:

3 minutes ago, SAK said:

Should have been custodial. 

Not that I disagree as his crime was abhorrent and laced with stupidity, but why should he be treated any different to any other scumbag who did the same and would have got off with the same or lesser punishment?

10 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Not that I disagree as his crime was abhorrent and laced with stupidity, but why should he be treated any different to any other scumbag who did the same and would have got off with the same or lesser punishment?

It could be argued as someone in the public eye his behaviour could influence others as to what is/isn’t acceptable and so should be held to a higher standard, the same way a professional in a given field is held to a higher standard compared to a lay person.

Edited by SAK
Spelling

59 minutes ago, SAK said:

It could be argued as someone in the public eye his behaviour could influence others as to what is/isn’t acceptable and so should be held to a higher standard, the same way a professional in a given field is held to a higher standard compared to a lay person.

How in a society that finds it acceptable to hang animals upside down, slit their throats and then eat them can we jail a man for kicking a cat?

22 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

How in a society that finds it acceptable to hang animals upside down, slit their throats and then eat them can we jail a man for kicking a cat?

The differentiating factor to me is the intention to cause pain for gratification purposes. Slaughter of animals causes pain for the purposes of food, it isn’t carried out for the sole purpose of inflicting pain whereas kicking and slapping a cat is done solely to inflict pain.

Edited by SAK
Grammar correction

3 minutes ago, SAK said:

The differentiating factor to me is the intention to cause pain for gratification purposes. Slaughter of animals causes pain for the purposes of food, it isn’t carried out for the sole purpose of inflicting pain whereas kicking and slapping a cat is done solely to inflict pain.

So If he'd skinned and eaten his cat it would have been fine? Really don't think the motivate matters to the victim tbh. Either animal cruelty is acceptable or it isn't. Can't have double standards and hypocrisy just to suit ourselves and our selfish needs.

I get what WM is saying though. My step-brother worked at an abattoir and if intentionally causing pain is the defining line, then from what he told me abattoirs and the meat industry definitely aren't exempt. 

20 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I get what WM is saying though. My step-brother worked at an abattoir and if intentionally causing pain is the defining line, then from what he told me abattoirs and the meat industry definitely aren't exempt. 

They are grim beyond belief, torture and murder on an industrial scale on a daily basis. We as a society turn a blind eye to it because it suits us then get on our high horse over somthing like this. I think Zoumas a bellend btw just turned into a bit of a witch hunt for me.

16 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

So If he'd skinned and eaten his cat it would have been fine? Really don't think the motivate matters to the victim tbh. Either animal cruelty is acceptable or it isn't. Can't have double standards and hypocrisy just to suit ourselves and our selfish needs.

Maybe their is an element of mental gymnastics to suit my viewpoint. I guess it’s up to the individual to decide what their comfortable with. I’m comfortable with slaughter for the purposes of food and accept there is pain and suffering in that process but would want it minimised as much as possible (pre stunning prior to slaughter, limits to time livestock can be transported, handling livestock in a humane way). I view acts solely to inflict pain as different to that though I accept if you’re dead then you’re dead and the reason makes no difference.

5 minutes ago, SAK said:

Maybe their is an element of mental gymnastics to suit my viewpoint. I guess it’s up to the individual to decide what their comfortable with. I’m comfortable with slaughter for the purposes of food and accept there is pain and suffering in that process but would want it minimised as much as possible (pre stunning prior to slaughter, limits to time livestock can be transported, handling livestock in a humane way). I view acts solely to inflict pain as different to that though I accept if you’re dead then you’re dead and the reason makes no difference.

Omg that guy kicked a cat jail him...

4914.jpg