Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

All you have to do is read the comments on twitter. People really are thick like.

'never did me any harm'

Okay, we should ignore the experts then. Let them play with fire as well, because I was never burned.

Going to be a lot of angry people about this.

Edit: Also that kid in the dark top should get the whip. Closing your eyes when up for a header is a serious offence.

Could have the unintended consequence of producing better-skilled players. Having to learn to trap the ball with your chest, foot, etc.

Edit: Also that kid in the dark top should get the whip. Closing your eyes when up for a header is a serious offence.

Could have the unintended consequence of producing better-skilled players. Having to learn to trap the ball with your chest, foot, etc.

Its not banned from matches though, so all these kids heading the ball incorrectly in matches will end up worse off.

The email I got from the FA states they can train to head the ball once a month with a maximum of 5 headers at the age of U12, once a week at U13, increasing to 10 headers a week up to U17.  At U18 do as little as possible. 

It's a tough one. If studies show that repetitive heading can lead to brain injuries similar to concussion then yeah, something needs to change. However, most of the professionals they've scanned have played professionally for 10+ years heading the ball way more than a child will. HOWEVER, the skull and the development of a child's brain still isn't hardened or matured, so yeah. It's a tough spot. You don't want anyone getting long term brain injuries in their later years.

Yeah. Just play 5 a side and develop technique.

FUTSAL!

Which currently has a big FA push and initiative with Pokémon to push it in schools and youth level (despite nationally a lack of facilities and understanding of the game). Most people think you can rock up on a five-a-side pitch and play 'FUTSAL INNIT'.  :lol:

I love the game, no idea why the UK is so behind the times with it. Indoors. Fast paced. Skillful. AH wait.

http://www.thefa.com/get-involved/player/futsal

Guest neesy111

FUTSAL!

Which currently has a big FA push and initiative with Pokémon to push it in schools and youth level (despite nationally a lack of facilities and understanding of the game). Most people think you can rock up on a five-a-side pitch and play 'FUTSAL INNIT'.  :lol:

I love the game, no idea why the UK is so behind the times with it. Indoors. Fast paced. Skillful. AH wait.

Agreed, it's much better.

How much is a £3.20 going for these days?

Also can’t think of anywhere I’ve been that has official pitches at or on the beach. Volleyball usually. All about the courts in neighbourhoods for the soccer.

Guest neesy111

Baffles me why we don’t have beach football pitches at our seaside towns.

Any 1st world country has all sort of amenities at their beaches. We have old amusements and ice cream cans selling 99’s and £3.20.

Ice cream cans?

Any 1st world country has all sort of amenities at their beaches. We have old amusements and ice cream cans selling 99’s and £3.20.

Ice cream cans?

*vans

Any 1st world country has all sort of amenities at their beaches. We have old amusements and ice cream vans selling 99’s and £3.20.

Maybe because it’s cold and raining all the time?

FUTSAL!

It's class. We really should be binning off 5-a-side altogether and going full futsal across the board.

Guest reefatoon

Nowt better than a stroll down the beach, hoying your tops down as goals and having a kick about. Then it was off to the ice cream cans for £3.20’s all round. Those were the bloody days.

Nowt better than a stroll down the beach, hoying your tops down as goals and having a kick about. Then it was off to the ice cream cans for £3.20’s all round. Those were the bloody days.

Aye, sometimes if me dad had a win on the horses he'd even treat us to a £4.15.

I might be overreacting here, but I think all matches in Europe should at the very least be played behind closed doors though if it were my choice I would just call off matches altogether. I know clubs will lose out financially especially for lower league clubs, but the public's health should come first. If UEFA and countries football associations refuse then take the decision out of their hands because this is getting far too serious now.

I might be overreacting here, but I think all matches in Europe should at the very least be played behind closed doors though if it were my choice I would just call off matches altogether. I know clubs will lose out financially especially for lower league clubs, but the public's health should come first. If UEFA and countries football associations refuse then take the decision out of their hands because this is getting far too serious now.

We'd probably still have 52000 there every other Saturday, got to get away from the missis somehow

Get out man