Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

I mean, OGS and Molde did nothing wrong there. Guy was charged with rape, got to play whilst the case was ongoing as being charged does not equal guilty - however, when he was found guilty, he was immediately released by the club and then he fled the country. The club or OGS had nothing to do with that.

You could possibly argue that he should have been suspended with the case ongoing, but what if he'd been found innocent? Suspending him essentially just fully assumes that he will be found guilty.

He signed him while he had multiple rape accusations against him and even made him captain for one game

And he was acquitted as well don't forget.

Difference between the Sunderland situation is that they were shown the texts between Johnson and the girl, which eliminated any doubt of his guilt. That, and Johnson actively used his status as a football player and an idol makes it a lot worse.

Not saying what Ole and his scumbag agent did was right mind.

I mean, OGS and Molde did nothing wrong there. Guy was charged with rape, got to play whilst the case was ongoing as being charged does not equal guilty - however, when he was found guilty, he was immediately released by the club and then he fled the country. The club or OGS had nothing to do with that.

You could possibly argue that he should have been suspended with the case ongoing, but what if he'd been found innocent? Suspending him essentially just fully assumes that he will be found guilty.

Could always hold him, on remand.

Wasn't acquitted was he?  Thought they found there wasn't enough evidence to convict but the court believed he was guilty so he had to pay compensation.

I'm honestly not sure on the finer aspects of it but I read he was aquitted in August 2018 but was subject to an appeal so is now facing another trial.

What on earth is going on at Barcelona?  :lol:

The below was nestled in an article about Messi and his contract

"On Monday Cadena Ser Radio reported that Barcelona had paid €1m to hire a company called I3 Ventures which set up online media accounts to write stories defending the president and damage the image of some players and former players. Barcelona denied the accusation, saying that they had hired I3 to “monitor” social media, but not to attack anyone. Faced with further evidence, they ended their relationship with the company and said they would investigate. Bartomeu also met with the club captains."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/20/messi-barcelona-not-in-shape-to-win-champions-league-but-i-want-to-stay-eric-abidal

By not allowing him to turn up to work or discriminating against him until proven guilty, they'd be breaking Norwegian law. Guy was obviously very guilty, but still. Difficult situation for Molde to be in either way.

By not allowing him to turn up to work or discriminating against him until proven guilty, they'd be breaking Norwegian law. Guy was obviously very guilty, but still. Difficult situation for Molde to be in either way.

You don't have remand? Well ye bugger.

Any noticeable difference?

What you're saying here is simply not true. http://josimarfootball.com/the-b-sarr-transfer-to-siberia/

Molde and OGS did pretty much everything wrong in this situation.

He was found not guilty in august 2018, but had to pay compensation to the victim (strange, I know, but that's the way it works). The victim appealed and a new trial was scheduled on the 14th of february in 2019. Molde released him on the 18th of january 2019, just in time for OGS best mate Jim Solbakken to get Sarr a move to a russian club as Russia doesn't have an extradition agreement with Norway.

So Molde waited six months to release him after his first trial, and they released him weeks before the appeal trial was coming up. This allowed him to sign for a club in a nation that doesn't have an extradition agreement with Norway. Of course he didn't show up for the appeal trial, and probably never will.

OGS and Molde did nothing wrong? Give me a break; Solskjær, Molde and Jim Solbakken helped a rapist escape the law in Norway.

Also, fans of other clubs weren't allowed to bring anti-rape banners into Moldes Stadium, obviously that's a sentiment that Molde as a club cannot and will not condone.

These banners were for the most part related to an Amnesty campaign against rape if I remember correct.