Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

That's a crazy number and shows that for all the complaints about the rich owners, most of the action is occurring because the British consumer.

The money flow is basically British consumer -> Sky -> football clubs -> foreign football clubs.

It all starts with the British consumer who seemingly can't get enough of football on TV. I think the biggest beneficiary, besides Sky, are owners of second tier foreign clubs as they're able to ask for insane prices for their clubs. The biggest losers are owners of top tier foreign clubs who don't have their own domestic TV money to support their spending, meaning they either have to fork over their own money or accept that they can't compete at the top of the market.

Guest neesy111

That's a crazy number and shows that for all the complaints about the rich owners, most of the action is occurring because the British consumer.

The money flow is basically British consumer -> Sky -> football clubs -> foreign football clubs.

It all starts with the British consumer who seemingly can't get enough of football on TV. I think the biggest beneficiary, besides Sky, are owners of second tier foreign clubs as they're able to ask for insane prices for their clubs. The biggest losers are owners of top tier foreign clubs who don't have their own domestic TV money to support their spending, meaning they either have to fork over their own money or accept that they can't compete at the top of the market.

No. :lol:

All the projected increases are from foreign rights deals.  The actual viewership of football within Britain on TV has fell the last 3 seasons by 20%.

What about money for the PL product sold abroad? Any good?

I think Allan Simonsen was European Footballer of the Year when he signed for Second Division as then was , Charlton Athletic in the 80s.

What about that thrice First Division (Premier), Bundesliga, European Cup and twice UEFA cup winning, twice Ballon D'or winning dude who joined that second division outfit in 1982?  :snod:

Few amendments.

I first visited Canada in October 2003, at the age of 13.

Even then at an early age I noticed that soccer wasn’t as big as it was at home in the UK - or more specifically Newcastle.

When visiting the parks in the Greater Toronto area there was no sight of goalposts or even anyone playing with a ball. Back then, soccer to Canadians was mostly seen as a sport for women and young children. My younger cousin at the time played on the local school team - though I think that was more down to my auntie being soccer mad rather than his own passion for the game.

The biggest evidence of the Canadians' lack of interest in the sport came when my step-father and I were searching for the Newcastle United result. There was no mention of it on the news or on TV. It wasn’t until the next day that we managed to find the results in a newspaper, hidden away past the ice hockey, Canadian football, baseball and basketball coverage in a corner at the bottom of the page.

In small text were the results. Newcastle lost 2-1 to West Bromwich Albion in the League Cup. Little then did I know how things were about to change, both for Newcastle and for soccer in Canada.

Guest firetotheworks

:thup: I think a lot of people probably have now, from back at Man City. I noticed that he was shocking from low, long-distance shots either side, but not so much just shots to the bottom left in general.

Guest neesy111

Billericay seem like a right pack of arseholes.

Essex, innit.

They're doing very well.

No surprise with the money invested into the club.

Billericay seem like a right pack of arseholes.

Essex, innit.

They're doing very well.

No surprise with the money invested into the club.

If just one person out there gets my obscure muso reference I'll be happy. My money's on Bimpy.