Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/17/oscar-china-chelsea

Gary Rowett has had a lot of sympathy, understandably, over the last few days, bearing in mind the nature of his sacking at Birmingham City and the announcement of Gianfranco Zola’s appointment with barely enough time in between for the last man to clear out his office.

It is a cut-throat business and, not for the first time, it makes me wonder whether the League Managers Association, so quick to criticise clubs for the speed at which they hire and fire, should remember its own members can be pretty ruthless, too.

At the same time, it is probably worth pointing out that when José Riga was at Blackpool, already suffering the excesses of the club’s ownership, Rowett not only spoke to the Oyston family about nabbing his job but also cheerfully announced as much on the website of Burton Albion, his club at the time.

That was the first time Riga found out that interviews were taking place for a job he had not even vacated. Rowett, one imagines, might understand a little better now that it is a shame some of the people in his profession don’t bother too much with managerial etiquette.

:lol:

Gary Neville absolutely brilliant on the Sunday Supplement!

4 against 1 and he's beat them all and they don't like it. Fantastic telly

More wisdom from Garth

Call me old fashioned, but I simply can't come to terms with central defenders who wear gloves. As a consequence, I have always tended to distrust Otamendi. It is a totally irrational position to hold as his mittens can't possibly determine how well he defends a corner. In any case I may have to revise my stance based on how well he defended against Arsenal in the second half.