Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

No surprise that lying nonce Pele set them on the slippery slope of criminality.

Glad someone spotted it.

Will someone tell me what’s going on in the pic then? :lol:

I was thinking it’s just a charity match against drugs where Pele’s guest and Platini & Maradona are captains.

What have some of the villa lot been up to - hell on about chants? Just seen on SSN.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49962935

Same old 'it's just banter' that could've been easily avoided in the first instance.

The club have responded pretty well to it - and it's 20 or so pissed up kids at an away game singing about McGinn being Nakamba's 'master', his dad being a rasta etc etc - idiotic but they probably don't even realise that that master line is so offensive.

Anyway, fair play to the father of one of the kids, as:

While I was playing for the school team, in year 9 or something, the PE teacher made us listen to Boyzone's No Matter in order to put us in the right frame of mind for an upcoming game.

No matter what they tell us

No matter what they do

No matter what they teach us

What we believe is true

Inspirational stuff for a group of 14 year old lads to hear. Thinking of this moment today reminded me of when Howard Wilkinson showed the mackem players a video of some geese flying in a V formation to teach them how to hold their shape.

Does anyone else have any stories of horrendous motivational management in football?

That geese thing (which if you google it, is actually quite impressive) is used in about 90% of all management books ever written.

While I was playing for the school team, in year 9 or something, the PE teacher made us listen to Boyzone's No Matter in order to put us in the right frame of mind for an upcoming game.

No matter what they do

What we believe is true

Inspirational stuff for a group of 14 year old lads to hear. Thinking of this moment today reminded me of when Howard Wilkinson showed the mackem players a video of some geese flying in a V formation to teach them how to hold their shape.

Does anyone else have any stories of horrendous motivational management in football?

I'd be amazed if that PE teacher wasn't a nonce

Weird to include a Suarez goal inside the box. Was trying to think of my favourite NUFC long ranger. Probably one of Robert's vs Spurs, Martins vs Spurs or Albert

Got to be Robert up there with most of those in the video but you can't overlook Papiss Cisse v Chelsea just for the sheer audacity of the attempt.

No matter what they do

What we believe is true

I'd be amazed if that PE teacher wasn't a nonce

To be fair, Boyzone are a well-established motivational tool.

For example, when the going gets tough, the tough get going

Bit of a weird one. I know they're going well at the minute but is there much room for growth. Hardly a 'footballing hotbed' and not exactly the most populated place going either.

Might help stop our nearest and dearest going up this season though, which would be pleasant.