Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

So La Liga wants to restart in June, play every 3 days, PCR-testing everybody (players, staff) 24 hours before the game (that's circa 1,000 tests per each set of games of the first and second divisions). That's not going to sit well with the public given how much tests are needed elsewhere...

The Spanish FA has already scrapped the non-professional and women's football seasons, but La Liga is run by the clubs (very much like The Football League and the Premier League)

Martin Dubravka

Alain Goma

Andy Griffin

Nikos Dabizas

Steve Carr

Remy Cabella

Alan Smith

Henri Saviet

Temuri Ketsbaia

Alan Shearer

Rolando Aarons

Steve Bruce

It’s becoming apparent that the EFL is going to need to reform, even if that’s just on a financial basis. It looks increasingly likely that we will likely see some club go bust.

The EFL are going to be desperate to work some sort of re-organisation. With Rangers and Hearts being massively pissed off with the SPFL, I can honestly see the EFL making advances towards those teams. If they offered Rangers a position in the Championship, I honestly think they would take it, an ultimately Celtic would likely want to follow suit.

As for Hearts, I’m more than sure that they would prefer a place in League 1 over a place in the Scottish Championship. It would be interesting to see if Hibs would follow Hearts, very much like Celtic and Rangers, both those teams need each other and need to have a rivalry.

No chance that's happening like.

Using their full Brazilian name should be banned, but good team.

If you're using Romario de Souza then you should be using Roberto Carlos da Silva Rocha. :pilko:

Ah true! Should use name+first surname at all times. Not full names otherwise we should do the same with Spaniards/Argies/etc.....  (Andrés Iniesta Luján, Lionel Messi Cutticcini...)

Tim Howard

Daniel Alves

Sergio Ramos

Stefan De Vrij

Jordi Alba

Alessandro Nesta

Andrés Iniesta

Alessandro Del Piero

Ole Gunnar Solksjaer (meh)

Romario De Souza

Alfredo Di Stéfano

Manager: Ottmar Hitzfeld

I've been accidentally CCd in on FC Augsburg internal emails, I wrote them about scouting (sometimes you can go and study for a couple of weeks) and I must have got added to the wrong e-mail. I feel bad so I'm going to let them know, very weird and didn't know where the fuck else to post it

Pop them on 4chan with a link for us please :lol:

ha! I emailed them to say take me off this, its mainly them talking about Microsoft Teams (according to translate) I don't want to get whoever it is in trouble but I have to let them know

Don't have to answer obviously, or you can do it via PM if you want, but just interested in how you got into scouting, how it works, etc.?

I’d definitely recommend it if that’s what you like. I do some match analysis but I’m like you I much prefer player watching. Get to go to some good games, usually get to sit in the posh bits for free and basically watch a lot of football. Downside is football is full of annoying people but I guess any industry is.

Gonna do the fa level 2 when stuff is back up and running.

If you haven't already, you should make a start on the FA Talent ID courses. The coaching courses help but the Talent ID courses are more geared towards scouting.

I’d definitely recommend it if that’s what you like. I do some match analysis but I’m like you I much prefer player watching. Get to go to some good games, usually get to sit in the posh bits for free and basically watch a lot of football. Downside is football is full of annoying people but I guess any industry is.

Gonna do the fa level 2 when stuff is back up and running.

This is also massively true, mainly due to the 'old school' people generally involved in scouting. When I first started out I was one of the youngest professional scouts in the country but there seems to have been a shift over the last year or so and I see a lot more younger faces than I used to.

ManDoon[/member] i know we've chatted about this briefly on the side but this is so cool man, really happy you're enjoying it mate :thup: do love hearing your take on players too as you're working in the game etc.

Don’t need to PM, did the FA Level 1, super easy literally can’t fail it, then I did the PFSA course in Manchester was like 2 days at hotel football, the head of recruitment at Leicester was on it (when Puel was in charge) After that they basically e mail you fixtures each week, mostly league 2/1 occasionally championship and cup, you report back to the first team manager. After that I joined a WhatsApp group with a load of other scouts, there’s some from Liverpool, Burnley, people who’ve worked all over really. From that got chatting to a couple of people, and had work for Tranmere, Salford City, Hereford, Raith. Mainly just talk to people and get offered stuff. It’s a lot of shit games at the start, but you just have to keep going and work your way up. Been pretty cool seeing players you’ve watched do well.

Obvs it’s dead at the minute, but I’m going to do some more video analysis learning for when football re starts. Met Bally (Lol) and seen Woodgate at the members bit at Boro, it’s pretty fun. There’s other courses like IPSO does one, I think a couple ran by ex pros. You can literally start out going to games locally though I think.

All this and you still don't rate McTominay? :lol: