League Cup 2nd Round: Tranmere (a) Wednesday 24th August @ 7:45 - Live on Sky

HaydnNUFC

There's obviously some teams you would prefer not to draw, and something like Brighton, Villa, Leicester, Everton away (I know Brighton tend to be better away) are matches you'd probably prefer to avoid at this stage, but it's a great feeling knowing that finally, for the first time in ages, the cup is actually an opportunity rather than a distraction, and most PL clubs would prefer to avoid us, and some of the lower league sides might like to draw us away for the 'experience'. I'm looking forward to seeing who we get.

I didn't realise that so many Championship sides lost last night, 11 I believe, including 9 to lower league sides.

10 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

The draw is divided into Northern and Southern sections, we're in the former and they're in the latter.

Thanks. 

Its gone be a easy one now and we win and then away in next round to City or Chelsea. 

Sheffield Wednesday wouldn't surprise. Had a spate of getting teams a round after they'd knocked them out in the 90s.

Somebody interesting at home would be agreeable. Shame all the little local lower leagues clubs are out bar Boro.

Edited by Wolfcastle