League Cup 2nd Round: Tranmere (a) Wednesday 24th August @ 7:45 - Live on Sky

HaydnNUFC

Can't be any worse than last season's. :lol: A home draw against someone absolutely shit for me. :thup: Don't want the mackems. Derby away would be great for greedy personal reasons.

https://www.nufc.com/

Newcastle will learn their opponents in this season's League Cup Second Round when the draw takes place this coming Wednesday evening.

That will be carried out on Sky Sports following their live coverage of the Sheffield Wednesday v mackems First Round tie (7.45pm kick-off).

The competition remains divided into Northern and Southern sections at this stage. There's no bar on sides from the same league being drawn together.

Want a Harrogate or Hartlepool or Carlisle at home. Would cool for them and something different and a good atmosphere.

Probably end up with Blackburn. Haven't had them in a cup game for, oh what is it?, must be two seasons now.

Edited by Wolfcastle

5 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

How far down the country does the North:South divide go for the purposes of the draw? Would love MK Dons but probably the wrong side of the line.

Given they’ve got Sutton in the first round, I think you’re probably out of luck…

40 minutes ago, SteV said:

Actually I guess they have to reclassify North/South after the first round?

So you could be South in round 1 and North in round 2 or vice versa 

Like the old ZDS cup. Which the league cup basically now is.

Nottingham Forest v Leicester in the last 'Northern' Final didn't feel right to me.

14 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Like the old ZDS cup. Which the league cup basically now is.

Nottingham Forest v Leicester in the last 'Northern' Final didn't feel right to me.

Carlisle away at Shrewsbury tomorrow. Couldn’t have been much worse for them.