League Cup 2nd Round: Tranmere (a) Wednesday 24th August @ 7:45 - Live on Sky

HaydnNUFC

31 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Is Fede atill injured? Would like.him to play instead of Botman. I like Fede. He can handle Tranmere no doubt.

According to most sources ive seen he's injured but could change before Wednesday. 

I forgot about Ritchie as well. Considering he almost came on against City I would imagine he's in line for a start somewhere in the side.

12 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I’ve never been so excited for a round 2 League cup game in years, what’s happening!

I told you you'd get the buzz back...

Before you know it you'll be back at the games on a regular basis!

Guest HTT II
Just now, TheGuv said:

I told you you'd get the buzz back...

Before you know it you'll be back at the games on a regular basis!

Ah I don’t know mate honestly, I’d love to, if I was single and had no kids, I’d be home away every game, but it’s a bit of a chore these days. Plus my boy, the weekend literally revolves around his own football! I’m loving just being excited about football again and our club, that’s enough for me. Our game on Sunday blew me away, what a performance, what an advert for our game and indeed our club to any new potential signing. 

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Ah I don’t know mate honestly, I’d love to, if I was single and had no kids, I’d be home away every game, but it’s a bit of a chore these days. Plus my boy, the weekend literally revolves around his own football! I’m loving just being excited about football again and our club, that’s enough for me. Our game on Sunday blew me away, what a performance, what an advert for our game and indeed our club to any new potential signing. 

There's always midweek games! Get yourself booked out for Everton at home - and bring the bairn!

Guest HTT II
Just now, TheGuv said:

There's always midweek games! Get yourself booked out for Everton at home - and bring the bairn!

I’m hoping for a home cup game, although my last game was Cambridge at home in the FA Cup…

Dubravka

Krafth Lascelles Botman Dummett

Shortstaff Longstaff Anderson

Murphy Wood Ritchie

Fraser’s seemingly injured again, based on Howe’s presser. Fernandez might be an option instead of Botman, as he’s been back in full training for a couple of weeks now.

Would like to see Lewis starting instead of Dummett, as he’s in the same boat as Fernandez, but not sure either would be thrown straight in without an U23s game or two.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Dubravka

Krafth Lascelles Botman Dummett

Anderson S. Longstaff M. Longstaff

Murphy Wood Ritchie

Fraser’s seemingly injured again, based on Howe’s presser. Fernandez might be an option instead of Botman, as he’s been back in full training for a couple of weeks now.

Would like to see Lewis starting instead of Dummett, as he’s in the same boat as Fernandez, but not sure either would be thrown straight in without an U23s game or two.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Targett starting to get him back to match sharpness after his injury.

Massive contrast to one year ago. There's been times where I have been unable to watch / follow a match, but last year vs Burnley was the first time ever I've just been at home and completely forgot that Newcastle were playing. I was watching the US Open tennis which would have been in it's first week, but I remember around 10.30ish that we were playing, checked the result, and quickly moved on, but that had never happened to me before.

It's a competition that we should be targeting. The likes of Dubs, Kraft, Lascelles, Longstaff, Murphy, Fraser, Wood etc. should be more than good enough to get the job done tomorrow, you'd hope, but if we did make it to the QF stage and we were say 8th-11th no real top 6 hopes, or no danger of relegation then I'd actually like to see us potentially rest certain players for league matches, and proper go all out for the cup. I'd far rather finish 10th or 11th and at least get to the LC final, than 8th or 9th, possibly even 7th, and go out of this in the first couple of rounds.

First time in AGES that I've considered this competition as somewhat of a priority, and hopefully the club will as well.

50 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

There's nowt like a bit of positive thinking, aye? 

Sorry, I think I've been misunderstood. I'm not saying either would get injured.

I'm saying if he plays either vs Tranmere, I can't see them playing 3 games in 7 days.

Also have Liverpool following midweek.