I'd go:

Dubravka 

Krafth    Lascelles     Botman     Manquillo 

Longstaff 

Anderson

Almiron

Murphy                                           Fraser

Wood

I think the game time won't harm Botman and its a good excuse to rest him against Wolves if Targett is back.

CM is a real problem because without Bruno/Joelinton starting we are left with Longstaff as our only senior CM. I wouldn't even bother playing Matty and I love Anderson but can he play in a 2?

Also, despite me not putting him in, I see no way in which Ritchie doesn't start, he's one of Howes henchmen.

Basically, I think Howe will leave at least 2 players from the City draw in the starting line up for Tranmere. Let's hope we sign Joao Pedro and stick him in.

With wolves and Liverpool in quick succession after this game I think it’ll be a completely different eleven, and yes Richie will start, maybe in the midfield three as we look weak in that area of the pitch outside joe, Bruno, willock and longstaff. 

Its a shame but it does feel very secondary suddenly. understandably.

Was kinda looking forward to it before with a 50/50 first-team/fringe feel to it.  Murphy, Dubs, Lascelles, Anderson, Wood and Longstaff coming in.  Feel it'll be more now after that effort today and what's to come.

9 minutes ago, Johnny said:

Screenshot-2022-08-23-at-08-19-03-Create

Joking aside, we've had worse teams than that start Premier League games for us in the last 5 year. 

Doubt Botman will play and be risked what with Targett still recovering but we'll see.

Any chance we see Kell Watts start this or perhaps Dummett at CB and Bondswell at LB?

22 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Joking aside, we've had worse teams than that start Premier League games for us in the last 5 year. 

Doubt Botman will play and be risked what with Targett still recovering but we'll see.

Any chance we see Kell Watts start this or perhaps Dummett at CB and Bondswell at LB?

I think Watts is out injured. I reckon Lewis will play if fit.