Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

I'm pretty much done with foreigners expressing critical opinions about American soccer. f*** off. I mean I can appreciate Luca's point about loud-mouthed bro imbeciles spouting off about things they know jack s*** about--that would grate on anybody. But people going on about s*** chants, unauthentic American fans, and Americans being unable to understand soccer can f*** off. 

Rattled.

Indeed. I've let them get inside my head. :lol:

To be fair the posters on here just contribute to that negative stereotype though. Certainly I should think for most English posters you are the only representation of American Soccer Fans they have encountered.

http://p.fod4.com/p/media/undefined/WBycGapyR8r0AsOt6UZ3_USA%20Deal%20With%20It.gif

You, kind sir, may go f*** yourself vigorously in the anus.

I kid, I'm a  big fan of the way the tournament has been embraced over there for what it's worth.  Because of here USMNT is pretty much my second team this tournament.

It's World Cup time, there are millions of World Cup only fans all over the world. People just mad their country didn't get through - just blame The Biter and Bryan Ruiz - leave us Americans alone.

I'll take ALL fair-weather USA fans if it means I get to see my city of Orlando get transformed into a raucous, drunken, celebration and ALL TVs on World Cup / USA matches; its my favorite sport and I could care less about the dude-bro who yells at Yedlin for the "shot" that was clearly an over-hit cross.  It's just some drunk guy who doesn't know a single thing about the sport, not as embarrassing as a guy who slags off Ben Arfa for "losing the ball" who's watched and followed the sport for his entire life and claims to be a genius.

I believe that this is right, especially the bold bit.

Most of us are only jesting with you lot, though. Bantz and all that.

It's World Cup time, there are millions of World Cup only fans all over the world. People just mad their country didn't get through - just blame The Biter and Bryan Ruiz - leave us Americans alone.

I'll take ALL fair-weather USA fans if it means I get to see my city of Orlando get transformed into a raucous, drunken, celebration and ALL TVs on World Cup / USA matches; its my favorite sport and I could care less about the dude-bro who yells at Yedlin for the "shot" that was clearly an over-hit cross.  It's just some drunk guy who doesn't know a single thing about the sport, not as embarrassing as a guy who slags off Ben Arfa for "losing the ball" who's watched and followed the sport for his entire life and claims to be a genius.

I think it's brilliant that the US are getting into it, football is a much better place with genuine American fans. They know how to follow sport.

I believe that this is right, especially the bold bit.

Most of us are only jesting with you lot, though. Bantz and all that.

Wouldn't be much fun if we all couldn't relentlessly wind each other up. :lol:

Guys like Rich are class, love the back and forth with good people Like him. All in good fun. But some people's criticism is terrible and just kind of pathetic. 

Enjoy the cup, enjoy others elation as in a few short months we will be back to the King's game and fucking hate football.

I think it would be great if FIFA sacked off Qatar and awarded the USA the WC for 2022.

Infrastructure all in place ready to go.

Went to a bar and watched it downtown. Even better that a hotel broker friend of mine, his company was hosting a watch party, free beer and food.

Cool text bro!! :lol:

Had to RSVP man, :lol:, it was an invite only type of thing at the bar - so I couldn't get invites for anyone else. Sorry man.

It's alright man, just giving you a hard time!  Wouldn't have been able to go anyway. :(

I think it would be great if FIFA sacked off Qatar and awarded the USA the WC for 2022.

Infrastructure all in place ready to go.

If there ever was a time for FIFA to capitalize on the amount of money that is waiting for crazy Americans to spend on WC tickets, merchandise, and the so-on after for each of the major leagues in Europe - it would be to give this mad country a WC.  Think of how it set course the MLS and such after 94, if it had a cup in say 2022 after more MLS seasons, and hopefully continued emphasis/improvement of the American game, would be quite amazing.

I'm all for Americans getting into soccer. However the fact few people here know much about the sport, but Americans ABSOLUTELY MUST have an opinion on every thing, is fucking killing me.

Yedlin comes on, gets forward, mishits his cross from the right, ball goes high and out for a goal kick. Dude in the bar shouts, "you suck! Why is he even shooting from there?"

Every time the ref blows for something against the U.S.A., no matter how blatantly right he was, it's a "complete bullshit call."

The only player on the field they've heard of is Dempsey, so all talk during slow periods is of getting the ball to him.

These people are killing me. Deuce, Mike, etc get your house in order.

:lol: it's shameful. Especially since most of these types won't watch any soccer after the World Cup finishes.

I'm returning to the States in a few days, think I'll try to catch the game in the local AO chapter pub. Hopefully won't be as bad as that, but I'm already dreading the chants.

The World Cup is bringing out plenty of idiots to watch these games.  I enjoy the atmosphere but god damn there are some morons spouting shite the entire 90 mins.

I'm all for Americans getting into soccer. However the fact few people here know much about the sport, but Americans ABSOLUTELY MUST have an opinion on every thing, is f***ing killing me.

Yedlin comes on, gets forward, mishits his cross from the right, ball goes high and out for a goal kick. Dude in the bar shouts, "you suck! Why is he even shooting from there?"

Every time the ref blows for something against the U.S.A., no matter how blatantly right he was, it's a "complete bullshit call."

The only player on the field they've heard of is Dempsey, so all talk during slow periods is of getting the ball to him.

These people are killing me. Deuce, Mike, etc get your house in order.

:lol: it's shameful. Especially since most of these types won't watch any soccer after the World Cup finishes.

I'm returning to the States in a few days, think I'll try to catch the game in the local AO chapter pub. Hopefully won't be as bad as that, but I'm already dreading the chants.

The World Cup is bringing out plenty of idiots to watch these games.  I enjoy the atmosphere but god damn there are some morons spouting s**** the entire 90 mins.

Its the same in Australia, these dick heads on facebook are all of a sudden licking Matthew Leckie's arse when they had never even heard of him before the world cup.

Whole USA, its a huge country but damn it there are fantastic stadiums all over and the whole nation needs to be part of it.

Screw that man. Cali boy is selfish enough to want a West Coast only WC?

East Coast only WC iyam. Real temperatures, sensible time zone, actual cities.

Done.

And no Canada.

Whole USA, its a huge country but damn it there are fantastic stadiums all over and the whole nation needs to be part of it.

Done.

And no Canada.

To weather thread to see Danny not complaining about these 'real temperatures'

Done.

And no Canada.

Only reason I say that is b/c I like some of the West Coast stadiums and crowds. Seattle, Portland, or Columbus would have the most rabid of USA fans.

Done.

And no Canada.

Only reason I say that is b/c I like some of the West Coast stadiums and crowds. Seattle, Portland, or Columbus would have the most rabid of USA fans.

I was happy to have them involved until Cali's post. Maybe we just keep California out.

Or maybe just ban CaliMag from all stadiums.

On that note, I vote for a Cascadia or West Coast WC ... By joint hosting with Canada they will at last qualify.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img13/2228/dafuq.gif

:yao: Canada.

Done.

And no Canada.

Well fuck you too, then.