Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

45 minutes ago, woody said:

I interviewed Gregg’s kid after he scored his first career goal and one reporter said to the press box beforehand “I wonder what Gio thinks of this.” The silence was awkward

You do a bit of coverage of the Caps?

Wtf happened I turned it on for the last minute and the commentators were making out like it was the darkest moment in Concacaf history and there would be repercussions. Sounded like Mexican fans were being Mexican fans with their homophobic chanting. They should be dumped out of the Gold cup tbh. This continues to happen despite warnings and fines. 

We often complain about our refs in Europe, but they are miles ahead of most refs around the world. You often see it during world cups. Think this one was really poor in the heated situations yesterday. There is a "brawl" going on and instead of trying to calm the players down, he just walks around pointing at his red card, like that would help the situation. Similar situations happen during that game.

Edited by Peder75

6 minutes ago, Peder75 said:

We often complain about our refs in Europe, but they are miles ahead of most refs around the world. You often see it during world cups. Think this one was really poor in the heated situations yesterday. There is a "brawl" going on and instead of trying to calm the players down, he just walks around pointing at his red card, like that would help the situation. Similar situations happen during that game.

:thup: Unless players are flat out throwing haymakers, there’s no excuse for handing out four reds. That’s a sign of poor officiating.

Mexico are a complete shambles these days, but that was as routine a win as I’ve seen. Pulisic is such a good player and I’m increasingly annoyed at how he’s wasted at Chelsea.

9 hours ago, Peder75 said:

CONCACAF refs are insanely bad. It doesn't help that they all hate the US either lol. I guess the guys from Canada would probably be alright for us, but I can't tell you how many times we've been fucked by tiny Ecuadorian dudes.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

We sent some soccer balls up north just for laughs and now the canucks are syruping all over the thread.

Hey, we get ours from the Commonwealth, Yankee Scum! [emoji38]

We also have the second best player, shoutout to the NYC Hospital that birthed him! 

Champions League Football GIF by UEFA

10 hours ago, The Bonk said:

Hey, we get ours from the Commonwealth, Yankee Scum! [emoji38]

We also have the second best player, shoutout to the NYC Hospital that birthed him! 

Champions League Football GIF by UEFA

Disgraceful turncoat.