Alexander Isak

Disco

I also think that even if they meet the age limits, if a young player is good enough to be nominated for the big boy prizes they should be omitted from the young player awards.

Probably gets a bit more messy but I'm sure others have said this too. 

It's funny how Isak has been nominated for the main award and the young player award and I'm not even convinced he's been our best player in both of those categories

Pleased for him though

Re: the Arsenal and Spurs rumors: I sure hope the days of us selling our best players to other PL-teams are over.

6 minutes ago, joeyt said:

It's funny how Isak has been nominated for the main award and the young player award and I'm not even convinced he's been our best player in both of those categories

Pleased for him though

There is just a huge amount of hype around him right now. It's really gone well beyond his actual performances (as much as he's been very good).

7 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Pleased for him though

I often notice how recency bias really affects these things. De Bruyne won it one season where he was basically anonymous until february or march.

Posted (edited)

Hasn't been feeling well according to Howe, after the game, and so didn't want to push things with him, with the 3 games this week.

Once again, massively inconvenient the Callum Wilson situation. What a time to get injured again after just coming back after missing for months.

Edited by KaKa

Posted (edited)

He was very leggy and made some weird choices on the ball.

I took him going off as a sign we needed to protect him with 3 in a week meaning Wilson is likely out for the season now. Hopefully, he was just ill and Wilson will make Wednesday.

Edited by Gallowgate Toon

7 minutes ago, midds said:

His performance on Wednesday night will decide if Howe got this right or wrong today 

He was taken off because he's been ill this week.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

He was taken off because he's been ill this week.

I know

But he could have left him on. He wasn't noticeably struggling physically 

We're down to one striker, and have got 3 games this week, and we're re playing again in a couple of days. Come on man.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

We're down to one striker, and have got 3 games this week, and we're re playing again in a couple of days. Come on man.

I'm not against Howe subbing him but leaving him on could have turned 1 point into 3 this afternoon. Bringing off your 20 goal striker with 25 mins to go and chucking on a midfielder is a bit of a risk if it doesn't work out. I understand the logic but it's a bit of a risk either way. Let's see how he does on Wednesday, I hope he gets 4

Yeah it was draft taking Isak off - could understand if we were winning / or had nothing to play for. 

10 hours ago, duo said:

Yeah it was draft taking Isak off - could understand if we were winning / or had nothing to play for. 

We do have something to play for. Yesterday wasn’t the must win game. Wednesday is; I think that is the point. 

16 hours ago, midds said:

I'm not against Howe subbing him but leaving him on could have turned 1 point into 3 this afternoon. Bringing off your 20 goal striker with 25 mins to go and chucking on a midfielder is a bit of a risk if it doesn't work out. I understand the logic but it's a bit of a risk either way. Let's see how he does on Wednesday, I hope he gets 4

I mean...any player subbed off could potentially have turned 1 point into 3 :lol: He was pants yesterday regardless of how many goals he's scored earlier this season. We looked better after he went off.