Alexander Isak

Disco

Our biggest asset and we mustn’t sell at any cost. Replacing his 14 goals in half a season would be the biggest challenge we could face, particularly with Wilson seemingly broken when playing more than once a week and now resorting to flogging gluten tests.

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

Our biggest asset and we mustn’t sell at any cost. Replacing his 14 goals in half a season would be the biggest challenge we could face, particularly with Wilson seemingly broken when playing more than once a week and now resorting to flogging gluten tests.

Absolutely, I don’t see him going anywhere 

Just now, Hudson said:

Tbh Honest I cannot see any of our purples being sold.

I can see Bruno going eventually to be honest. Combination of profitability and his desires/ambition but I think it’ll be after next season. 

Just now, ExiledGeordie said:

I can see Bruno going eventually to be honest. Combination of profitability and his desires/ambition but I think it’ll be after next season. 

They will all be sold as some point, I have no doubt about that.

Just don’t see the benefit of selling in the next few years as players like Bruno/Isak raise more than FFP wiggle room for the club. They raise the club’s profile on the world stage. 

Getting 4th last season as great as it was, raised expectations too soon from my view point. It’s such a tight rope to walk so early in our evolution.

Even getting 7th this year will be fantastic, considering the 14 years of Ashley. 

No particular order;

Last night.

First one at Forest last season.

Liverpool away on his debut. 

Shame about that one that was disallowed as that'd be his best. His first against Spurs last season was a class goal but that was more down to the pass from Willock. 

Forgotten he has bagged so many braces. Feels like a hat trick will come when he can play 70 minutes plus at a similar’ish intensity and we can get back to rotating a bit. 

No idea on the order:

Brentford curler

Last night’s Thierry Henry special

Forest bent leg volley thing

Wolves was an outrageous header and all. Be nice if he started getting some more with his head. 

If I was going to pick fault is there’s times we need him to win us a FK up the pitch and relieve the pressure. Basically what Shearer was so great at. Doesn’t have that in his game yet. 2nd half played out the way it did because of little things like that just slightly missing from his/our game.

Edited by LFEE

8 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Eurgh I miss Joe Willock man.  

I was so hyped about Willock and his potensial before the season. I thought he would end up being a world class player, because he is still young and he was showing glimpses of magic last season. He could still become world class, we just have to hope that he won't be injury prone in the seasons ahead, and that the achilles injury doesn't affect his pace.

Edited by Erikse

Still don't feel like he's anywhere near his potential. Frightning stuff.

First half against City was possibly the best we've seen of him though. Such a devastating player.

He is very inconsistent and always has been. He goes missing quite a bit in games here and there. You may think it’s harsh saying this but it’s correct. It’s more because since he broke through at AIK everyone has seen his potential and waiting for him to hit that properly and on a consistent basis. Sometimes he needs to grab the game by the neck and produce what he is capable of more regularly. He is often “too nice” on the pitch and is capable of causing more havoc than he does at times. He isn’t the aggressive type of player but sometimes he should try and be a bit more dirty as well as forcing his mark on a game. I know he gets very isolated at times and maybe that we don’t create enough at times too. It’s just that knowing the quality and potential he has you expect more. He’s has the potential to be an absolute gold dust superstar really. Hopefully he can stay fit to begin with and go from the player he has been so far into the superstar he very well is capable of becoming. Over here in Sweden the expectations of him have always been very high, and I wouldn’t say too high either. It’s just that we have known for so long how ridiculously good he can be. He is very much the type of player you wonder who is gonna show up today, what mood is he in. When he is in the mood he’s just next level. Some of you might argue against this post, but it’s more about saying there’s more to come from him and a testament to his ability. 

I don't think he's inconsistent. 25 goals in 50-odd games or so. Whenever he's looked match fit - he'll do the business more often than not. A 1 in 2 striker cannot be described as inconsistent.

He lacks a bit of aggression and i think he could go on to be a world-beater with better stamina and strength. But I mean properly world-class and an all-timer in the PL.

3 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

If he plays in a team that has more of the ball and creates more chances then he will score boat loads. He is so calm when it matters most. 

Agreed. And I think that lack of aggression that I see is probably related to that elite-level composure. He's cold-hearted with it.