Alexander Isak

Disco

23 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Nah its just logic over emotion. Selling one of our stars for a ridicolous fee would help out alot in the short term until we got our commercial revenue going.

Selling Isak anywhere near £100m is a non-starter though.

How would it help out ? im lost 

We are a heavyweight now, we will be competing for the title in under 2 years... 

Why are we even thinking that players want to leave? It must be SO exciting to play for us at the moment... If anyone wants to leave, I don't want them! 

7 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

How would it help out ? im lost 

Because of the way FFP works with amortization. Selling Isak for example for £200m could help us fund five £100m players and their contracts for a couple of years. With how good we are with scouting players you know how much that would improve us.

But like I said thats logic over emotion. Sometimes emotion trumps logic. Personally i would never sell our Swedish superstar.

41 minutes ago, Lish007 said:

We are a heavyweight now, we will be competing for the title in under 2 years... 

Why are we even thinking that players want to leave? It must be SO exciting to play for us at the moment... If anyone wants to leave, I don't want them! 

£££££: as answer to why we would and why they might. 

I'd be less concerned about losing Isak any time soon than Callum Wilson. I thought his contract situation would have been sorted by now but he can walk away for free at the end of this season. You would imagine the owners might have a tough decision to make there if the Spurs rumours have any truth to them.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I'd be less concerned about losing Isak any time soon than Callum Wilson. I thought his contract situation would have been sorted by now but he can walk away for free at the end of this season. You would imagine the owners might have a tough decision to make there if the Spurs rumours have any truth to them.

Tron I might be tired after a long days work, you’re not suggesting you’d prefer to lose isak than Wilson right? 

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Tron I might be tired after a long days work, you’re not suggesting you’d prefer to lose isak than Wilson right? 

Anything but. :lol:

I'm saying there's no fear of losing Isak as he's got a few years on his contract, but Wilson can walk away at the end of this season for free unless we give him a contract extension. Ideally we want to keep both, but I just wonder if Wilson's head might be turned if a club like Spurs come in for him?

They are flush with the Kane cash and Wilson is a guaranteed goal man. He'd be their main striker, here he's used off the subs bench. Obviously he's very important to us, but he hasn't signed a contract extension yet which leaves some doubt.

We get caught up alot in thinking that transfer fees are the driving factor behind our restrictions on FFP when in reality it's wages that hurt the bottom line the most. I think that's why clubs like Dortmund and Birghton will always have the ceiling they've got and never truly break into the elite because their business model relies on sourcing high potential players to replace the excellent players they sell.

Selling any player for large sums helps our bottom line in the short term but its not a sustainable method of building a highly consistent winning team (as alluded to by Eales in We Are United - "wages are the number 1 reason for a successfull team").

Ultimately we need to improve our commercial revenue and that can only be done by ensuring we continue to be successfull on the pitch - that can't be done by selling our star players and hoping the replacement we get in replicates what that player has produced. 

With that in mind, this would make Isak comfortably our least sellable asset. 

Edited by Thumbheed

14 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Isak is untouchable, selling him for any amount would be a mistake. Would hate to see Bruno leave as well. 

Obviously, but it's a bridge we will have to cross at some point to get onto Man City's level, unless we manage to trump the likes of Brighton in the scouting of great players at bargain prices.

14 hours ago, Lish007 said:

Powerful statement

4 hours ago, Cronky said:

Isak is the one player I wouldn't sell at any price. What he brings to the team can't be replaced. His skill-set is unique.

Tonali may be in the same category, but it's early days.

If a CDM from Brighton who's had one decent season is worth 115mil then Isak and Toanli are worth 200mil each

13 hours ago, TRon said:

I'm saying there's no fear of losing Isak as he's got a few years on his contract, but Wilson can walk away at the end of this season for free unless we give him a contract extension. Ideally we want to keep both, but I just wonder if Wilson's head might be turned if a club like Spurs come in for him?

They are flush with the Kane cash and Wilson is a guaranteed goal man. He'd be their main striker, here he's used off the subs bench. Obviously he's very important to us, but he hasn't signed a contract extension yet which leaves some doubt.

I think he'll stay unless a Saudi club offers insane wages. I doub't he'd leave for another prem club.

1 hour ago, Mountain said:

If a CDM from Brighton who's had one decent season is worth 115mil then Isak and Toanli are worth 200mil each

for some reason thats not how it works, rather - there’s this mythical Brighton premium attached to their players. 

14 hours ago, TRon said:

I genuinely think they’d go mad if they did. He’s yugely underrated. Give him an extra year and phase him out unless something daft comes in IMO. 

My mate who sees him through work occasionally was saying his family are up with him in Darras now when they hadn’t been before albeit that might be due his extra curriculars.

Isak will stay guys, he has many years left on his contracts as many of your already pointed out.
On top of that, i know, he is a loyal kid.. He wont go for first best offer, he will be sold once the club wants him to. Maybe, MAYBE, depending on how good of a season/seasons he has, Madrid will knock on the door.. but i doubt it at the moment.

I still think a lot of clubs are sleeping on him, everyone is per auto comparing him to Haland which are making people blind as they only look at the goals.

Either way, i know this doesnt belong here.. but i havent seen Isak play live since he left AIK... and i need my Isak-fix hehe :D
How is the ticket situation at St James Park for someone coming from another country to watch a game.. Do i have to plan and book ahead (game tickets i mean) or is it possible to buy at the stadium before each game. Im guessing the first option..?
Also, do you have other derby-teams other than Sunderland or is that it (i love derbys...)?

41 minutes ago, IsaksGhost said:

Isak will stay guys, he has many years left on his contracts as many of your already pointed out.
On top of that, i know, he is a loyal kid.. He wont go for first best offer, he will be sold once the club wants him to. Maybe, MAYBE, depending on how good of a season/seasons he has, Madrid will knock on the door.. but i doubt it at the moment.

I still think a lot of clubs are sleeping on him, everyone is per auto comparing him to Haland which are making people blind as they only look at the goals.

Either way, i know this doesnt belong here.. but i havent seen Isak play live since he left AIK... and i need my Isak-fix hehe :D
How is the ticket situation at St James Park for someone coming from another country to watch a game.. Do i have to plan and book ahead (game tickets i mean) or is it possible to buy at the stadium before each game. Im guessing the first option..?
Also, do you have other derby-teams other than Sunderland or is that it (i love derbys...)?

Your best bet as a seldom goer is to fork out for hospitality, The Barracks are the cheapest.  

10 hours ago, Disco said:

I genuinely think they’d go mad if they did. He’s yugely underrated. Give him an extra year and phase him out unless something daft comes in IMO. 

My mate who sees him through work occasionally was saying his family are up with him in Darras now when they hadn’t been before albeit that might be due his extra curriculars.

I'm really hoping that's how it pans out, must be worth giving Wilson a new contract and hoping he stays fit. Not many teams have two strikers of genuine quality like us, and now I'd be surprised if it didn't deliver CL football again next season.

1 hour ago, ShakaHislop said:

Your best bet as a seldom goer is to fork out for hospitality, The Barracks are the cheapest.  

Noted, let me ask the question like this instead.

Is it fucked up hard getting tickets or will i manage somewhat "easily". Take Barcelona as an example, the arena takes 100K ish and they have like 90K sold season tickets which leaves 10K who are usually sold to sponsors etc etc = FUCKED
Or do you guys at least have lets say 20% tickets sold each game that are not "locked" to season holders and what not.

Sorry for off topic :)

46 minutes ago, IsaksGhost said:

Noted, let me ask the question like this instead.

Is it fucked up hard getting tickets or will i manage somewhat "easily". Take Barcelona as an example, the arena takes 100K ish and they have like 90K sold season tickets which leaves 10K who are usually sold to sponsors etc etc = FUCKED
Or do you guys at least have lets say 20% tickets sold each game that are not "locked" to season holders and what not.

Sorry for off topic :)

Yes, you are pretty much fucked. 😅Demand is off the chart and the sales are with short notice for non hospitality tickets. 

if you sign up for a membership you can enter a ballot and hope for luck. See the thread ”memberships” for more info about that procedure and also the frustration about the current ticketing. 

3 hours ago, IsaksGhost said:

Even more off topic, but assume you're flying from Stockholm, in which case I would recommend flying to Edinburgh and then take the train down to Newcastle, it's by far the most convenient and usually the cheapest route there.