Alexander Isak

Disco

Yeah, we definitely should let go of the league cup. We just don’t have the depth for it this season. If we are to make it to the final, we still have to play 5 extra games. Our squad can barely rotate for the EPL and UCL. 

Apart from all those injuries/suspensions, any card suspension there will carry over to the league. This almost guarantees Bruno missing some games. 

2 hours ago, Solitude20 said:

Yeah, we definitely should let go of the league cup. We just don’t have the depth for it this season. If we are to make it to the final, we still have to play 5 extra games. Our squad can barely rotate for the EPL and UCL. 

Apart from all those injuries/suspensions, any card suspension there will carry over to the league. This almost guarantees Bruno missing some games. 

Agreed, makes Jan window evenore important , will need to spend, but additional those we have already bought need to get bedded in rapidly, wonder if we recall Minteh or would that be unfair to him, bearing Feyenoord doing well in UCL

25 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

Agreed, makes Jan window evenore important , will need to spend, but additional those we have already bought need to get bedded in rapidly, wonder if we recall Minteh or would that be unfair to him, bearing Feyenoord doing well in UCL

We can't spend. Only loans. Unless we sell. And we can't afford to sell anyone useful.

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We can't spend. Only loans. Unless we sell. And we can't afford to sell anyone useful.

I don't think any of this is facts. I don't doubt we have restrictions mind.

9 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

From what i've read -we are close to our FFP limit, which is why Hall is on loan and obligated to buy.

I don't understand how Chelsea can keep spending.. Their income has been better than ours, but they can spend crazy amounts while we are already at our limit.. Is it because they are selling players, in which the full fee will count immidiately towards FFP, while when you buy players then it's spread out?

Edited by Erikse

4 minutes ago, Erikse said:

I don't understand how Chelsea can keep spending.. Their income has been better than ours, but they can spend crazy amounts while we are already at our limit.. Is it because they are selling players, in which the full fee will count immidiately towards FFP, while when you buy players then it's spread out?

Yup. They sold around £200m in the summer alone..

Massive loss. It was always a risk coming into the season with two injury prone strikers.

Wilson, seemingly can’t play two games a week. I think it’s common knowledge we already have to manage his minutes and training workload. Thought he looked miles off the pace last night. 

Isak missed loads of last season and even broke down when trying to come back from injury, I think I’m right in saying? Looked like he had a knee issue for most of this season. Then the groin injury which has flared up again after 2-3 weeks and he’s now back to being crocked.  

Joelinton as an emergency striker? Murphy has covered there. But I’m assuming he’ll be missing for a while. Gordon the other option. But doesn’t have the physicality to play there against most teams. 

3 hours ago, Solitude20 said:

Only red cards carry over into the league.

Just now, Zero said:

I wonder if Wilson is also injured, who else can we play there? Joelinton? Or anyone we can call up from the reserves?

Probably the England’s CF from the Euro U21’s who got player of the tournament.

19 minutes ago, Erikse said:

they've sold alot of academy products which is booked as pure profit - helps massively with FFP regs

20 minutes ago, Erikse said:

I don't understand how Chelsea can keep spending.. Their income has been better than ours, but they can spend crazy amounts while we are already at our limit.. Is it because they are selling players, in which the full fee will count immidiately towards FFP, while when you buy players it's spread out?

Is it not because they’re signing people on ridiculously long deals so the cost is spread out? It’s a strategy that will only work if they’re successful in the short term as it’s unsustainable. 

2 minutes ago, madras said:

Didn't play up front on his own the way we play. 

No, granted, it wasn’t a like for like formation with ours, but it’s still got to be a better option than anything else at our disposal.

4 hours ago, Solitude20 said:

i'm all for that - start lewis hall, livs, dummett etc and just let them try and prove summit

To give Wilson the best chance of remaining fit, we should probably look to rotate the striker slot in any case. 

Our best bet IMO would probably be Gordon up top with Joelinton wide left. As much of a shame as it is to move Gordon away from the position where he has really flourished this season.