Alexander Isak

Disco

39 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

they aren’t mutually exclusive. I love what he’s doing and 100% think he’s the right man at the right time for us.

ill continue to love it whilst he’s here, missteps and all.

doesnt mean I need to think he’s going to be here for another 10 years or need to believe that to enjoy today

Ahhhh for me Eddie makes this whole thing feel like it has a soul, rather than just some super rich entity that's going to juggernaut it's way to victory.

If I felt like Eddie would be on his way in the near future, I'd be worried as you just never know what's to come, id also be worried about the ownership if they were to move on a manager this well loved, that's done nothing but perform excellently under each shitty circumstance, wether it be picking up where Bruce left off, or dealing with this current injury crisis.

I want him here for 10 years, even if it may be unrealistic, these types of managers are few and far between. We could have a Klopp that we win stuff, but the guys a prick. Eddie can win stuff imo, and do it with class and dignity.

Not trying to dig you out, just can't help but feel like we've come from such a dire place, to whatever we're experiencing now, I don't want to risk the change unless things go to absolute shit as we look competitively solid, even with the injuries to an extent.

Edited by BonesJones

39 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Ahhhh for me Eddie makes this whole thing feel like it has a soul, rather than just some super rich entity that's going to juggernaut it's way to victory.

If I felt like Eddie would be on his way in the near future, I'd be worried as you just never know what's to come, id also be worried about the ownership if they were to move on a manager this well loved, that's done nothing but perform excellently under each shitty circumstance, wether it be picking up where Bruce left off, or dealing with this current injury crisis.

I want him here for 10 years, even if it may be unrealistic, these types of managers are few and far between. We could have a Klopp that we win stuff, but the guys a prick. Eddie can win stuff imo, and do it with class and dignity.

Not trying to dig you out, just can't help but feel like we've come from such a dire place, to whatever we're experiencing now, I don't want to risk the change unless things go to absolute shit as we look competitively solid, even with the injuries to an extent.

... and we call that goodnight.

41 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

That is a class post. 

I agree with all of it.

43 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

👍🏻 Without those injuries we’re in 4 comps still and top 4! 

Edited by PauloGeordio

19 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Thought he finished his offside goal with aplomb in all honesty.  He’s clearly miles away from full fitness

I was just thinking back to Wolves at home last season when he was unplayable in the first half, running in behind and closing everything down. It’s clear to me that he’s injured as he just doesn’t seem able to run properly 

A lot of people will hate this, but I would have kept maxi another 12 months just because isak always linked well with him, in hindsight it seems a waste bringing in hall and selling maxi, unless of course we haven't actually paid a penny for hall yet?? 

No matter what you think of maxi, if your star player (isak) and record signing comes out and says that he loves playing with st maximin then it's not the best idea to get that player out the door.

However....he's gone, so we must go in the market asap and find another player that links up with him better than Gordon, almiron and our current midfield because the chances of getting isak, Joe willock and Murphy on the pitch together looks very unlikely because for me those are the only 2 players that link well with him. 

55 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Needs to be back up leading the line in place of Wilson. Offers so much more up there.

Agreed but we need to start creating chances for him when we're away from home. It's as if we start games away from home already completely out of ideas!

Just read a number of posts saying he's not getting chances, he should be more selfish etc.

The last few matches both Isak / Wilson have been really isolated, we have a team with multiple scorers, think I heard the highest number of different scoreres in the league? Anyway, I feel the wide players in particular Miggy would rather go themselves, I've seen Wilson lately fuming that he's not being slipped in, Miggy, Gordon spend far to much time cutting in over looking to assist, Longstaff equally does this a fair bit, 

Feel we miss Joe Willock a lot for the strikers situation, he offers us so much.

Miggy 1 assist in 27 so far this season while Trippier has 8, Miggy would rather leave the crossing to Trippier. Murphy has 4 assists in 9 mind but Miggy guarantees you more goals. 

Going back to the draw at Wolves, 9 games ago, we've underperformed xG by over five goals.

Our record in those games has been P9 W4 D1 L4. Fourth top in xG, but bottom half in goals scored.

Isak himself hasn't played so much in these fixtures so it's not so much him, but our problems with fitness and energy levels have been compounded by missing chances.

We had very clear chances to take the lead in several of the games, yesterday and at Spurs for certain. Taking the lead changes the game state and how the opponent likely plays.

fwiw, in the 9 games before Wolves, we lead the league in xG and overperformed it by 1.5. We were also top scorers, one ahead of Villa.

xG is not everything, just failing to meet a cross with the goal gaping is 0 xG, but its a rough guide to chance creation.

9 hours ago, Pancrate1892 said:

A lot of people will hate this, but I would have kept maxi another 12 months just because isak always linked well with him, in hindsight it seems a waste bringing in hall and selling maxi, unless of course we haven't actually paid a penny for hall yet?? 

No matter what you think of maxi, if your star player (isak) and record signing comes out and says that he loves playing with st maximin then it's not the best idea to get that player out the door.

However....he's gone, so we must go in the market asap and find another player that links up with him better than Gordon, almiron and our current midfield because the chances of getting isak, Joe willock and Murphy on the pitch together looks very unlikely because for me those are the only 2 players that link well with him. 

Always had a weird feeling he’ll be back on loan in Jan. Even if it is super sub duties.