Alexander Isak

Disco

3 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Could we not cannibalize someone so we can donate their groin to isak and maybe their foot to Barnes? 

We could even get Wilson a new knee. 

I'm all for this and for JT to run it as some sort of Island of Dr. Tindall, replete with gene spliced abominations like Erling Poundland and Ryan Fraser on piano.

Edited by GEFAFWISP

22 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Could we not cannibalize someone so we can donate their groin to isak and maybe their foot to Barnes? 

the lord of the rings GIF

...and my groin!

the lord of the rings dwarf GIF

47 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Wilson will be due one on the NHS soon in anyway.

6 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I’m way out of the loop with the youth setup but do we even have any young strikers that could be on the bench? 

Parkinson has been. Dylan Stephenson has obviously been written off - currently at South Shields on loan. In short - no one near ready.

43 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I’m way out of the loop with the youth setup but do we even have any young strikers that could be on the bench? 

Neave is supposed to be the next one, but he’s a couple of years off yet.

10 hours ago, relámpago blanco said:

I think we just need to let Isak recover properly.

Not an option this season unfortunately, problem with groin injuries that its a long recovery period but you can probably still play while having it to a certain point, unless Wilson can stay fit which has never happened before, Isak will have to wait till summer for full recovery.

53 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Not an option this season unfortunately, problem with groin injuries that its a long recovery period but you can probably still play while having it to a certain point, unless Wilson can stay fit which has never happened before, Isak will have to wait till summer for full recovery.

Actually at the point now his fragile fitness thing has moved from unfortunate to straight up just pissing me off. Should be the first player we’re looking to replace this summer. We need a consistently fit quality alternative option for Isak. 

I'm just afraid that we're going to break his body permanently if we don't give him the time to fully heal.

He's almost missed as many games for us now that he's missed in his entire career before joining us, and he's been injured for a longer period while with us than the rest of his career combined.

8 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I have nothing to report on that one mate. The only injury I can really report on is the Anderson one… still a month away at least last I heard.

Anderson at least seems to be back in training?

25 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Anderson at least seems to be back in training?

They're taking it very carefully with him due to the nature of the injury. So he is training, yes, but nowhere near full intensity. Much like they did with Botman.

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

They're taking it very carefully with him due to the nature of the injury. So he is training, yes, but nowhere near full intensity. Much like they did with Botman.

I will caveat that by saying that is based on info I had two weeks ago, so I'm not sure if anything has changed. I was told two weeks ago that it would likely be early March before we saw him back on the pitch.

2 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Actually at the point now his fragile fitness thing has moved from unfortunate to straight up just pissing me off. Should be the first player we’re looking to replace this summer. We need a consistently fit quality alternative option for Isak. 

Wilson will probably be starting on Saturday but he should really be on the bench otherwise he'll end up tweaking a hamstring again. We need him to be fit for the rest of the season, after that he can do one.

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

Wilson will probably be starting on Saturday but he should really be on the bench otherwise he'll end up tweaking a hamstring again. We need him to be fit for the rest of the season, after that he can do one.

According to No Hope he’s bench ready at best. Potentially also Barnes on the bench. 

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

According to No Hope he’s bench ready at best. Potentially also Barnes on the bench. 

Good. Don't really want to see him in action until he's match fit. Gordon can go up front for one game.

21 minutes ago, TRon said:

Good. Don't really want to see him in action until he's match fit. Gordon can go up front for one game.

With Miggy and Murphy either side

hopefully gives Barnes and Wilson a bit of time to build back up