Alexander Isak

Disco

On 30/03/2024 at 22:18, RS said:

Potentially the best player I’ve seen in black and white since Beardsley. World class. 

Proving it again. 

12 minutes ago, Decky said:

We can't sell this man. If we have him for the next 5 years of our build we'll win trophies. 

It needs to built around him 100%. I think @Ronaldo and I have been beating this drum for quite a while. :lol: 

Strikers are next to impossible to find. Proper goal scorers I mean. There barely are any at all. Never mind players that are good footballers too 

19 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

It needs to built around him 100%. I think @Ronaldo and I have been beating this drum for quite a while. :lol: 

We discussed him over a pint at the Mandalay in Vegas in 2016 did we not? The 17 year old at AIK who’d one day be the best striker in NUFC history.

If we 'struggle' again next season I could see it being different, but I'd hope any inquiries this summer could be quite easily solved by a contract extension and raise. Could be more than covered by resetting his remaining amortisation too.

3 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

We discussed him over a pint at the Mandalay in Vegas in 2016 did we not? The 17 year old at AIK who’d one day be the best striker in NUFC history.

:lol: 

Not sure I remember that, or discussing much football that night to be honest. More cigar and drink talk if I remember correctly. :lol: 

He would be the most guaranteed quality that money can buy if you are looking for a scoring striker. Not for sale!  You could spend 100m on any other striker and it’s far far from clear that said player will perform as well. 200m or fuck off! Nah, fuck of anyway :lol: Irreplaceable really! 

7 minutes ago, cubaricho said:
9 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

New deal pls

I'd be so down with that. A little pay raise, a couple more years. Done deal baby

Agreed. If he's not the biggest earner he needs to be. Give him the absolute maximum we can.

8 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

I'd be so down with that. A little pay raise, a couple more years. Done deal baby.

+ 300m minimum fee release clause. I wouldn’t trade him for any striker. Scary to think he’s nowhere near his prime. 

That goal was just so Isak. There must have been three players blocking it and he still managed to find a way past them before sliding it past Pickford.

2 hours ago, Thumbheed said:

how did we sign this guy

We actually got clowned for "paying over the odds" for him ;D

He was quality for most the night. Unlucky not to get another great assist to go with the one from Saturday. 

Has to put that one away from the Barnes cutback, though. It’s good defending from Mykolenko. But he seems to scuff it and didn’t get much power. 

I also thought he faded late, again. But in his defence, he’d done enough to have won us the game already, I thought. Just a moment of madness cost us.