Alexander Isak

Disco

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Bruno, Botman and Isak in the space of 8 months is incredible.

Especially for a bunch of people that have no idea how to bid for players and have simply been waiting to see what is left over at the end of the window.

:yao:

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

:lol: 

Can everyone who criticised our spending on Casemiro have a little word with themselves?

£60m for Isak. Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

60M for a quality 22 year old striker who's only going to get better vs £70m for a quality 30 year old defender who's peaked already :lol:

This feels like we have proper arrived on the transfer market, this level of fee puts us up with the big boys. Crazy to think about NUFC paying that for a footballer. Mental. Have to remember what Keegan said about not getting worried when PIF start splashing the cash. Wise words.

4 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

Not sure there’s really much to understand. He’s been somebody they’ve reportedly been really interested in for a while, the price is something they’re willing to pay, voilà. 

The fee is significantly higher than other bids we've been rumoured to have put in for players.

He's the only player we've been linked with in that profile too.

Guest HTT II
Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

Are we allowed to live two countries? 

Hide contents

24F42882-6581-468E-A7B3-AABEAD6161A8.jpeg.94a42f7321abe2eb88f2208a3d458c7f.jpeg

It’s a yes from me!! ?

It’s all about loving women period…

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

Are we allowed to love two countries? 

Hide contents

24F42882-6581-468E-A7B3-AABEAD6161A8.jpeg.94a42f7321abe2eb88f2208a3d458c7f.jpeg

It’s a yes from me!! ?

Only one of them at the World Cup though unfortunately. Or perhaps that's a good thing, the fewer players we have there the better our 2nd half of season may be.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Especially for a bunch of people that have no idea how to bid for players and have simply been waiting to see what is left over at the end of the window.

:yao:

Incredible really.  Scattergun approach to buying players,  apparently ?

His best season was 20-21 when he was playing right hand side, some amazing goals.

when he is on form he is unstoppable.

Has not reached those heights again but has been more central when he has played.

I like him a lot! 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

I can't get over the legs that our team is looking like having here like. 

Joelinton, Willock, ASM, Isak, Joao Pedro are all rangey or fast dribblers. Love it. 

Building such a big, athletic and pacy side. I love it.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

The fee is significantly higher than other bids we've been rumoured to have put in for players.

He's the only player we've been linked with in that profile too.

They apparently really wanted him. :lol: I get what you’re saying, but you’ll drive yourself crazy trying to figure out exactly what’s going on behind the scenes when—for good reason—we don’t have access to all the relevant information. 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

I genuinley believe Man U did the Casemiro deal within 7-8 days. A reaction to the Brentford result.

Also i think we sounded out the transfer a long time ago. We knew the region Sociedad would consider and the type of wages he demanded. But I don't expect we spent the last several weeks on it. That leg work was done some time ago. 

Thinking further - I think the leadership has decided that the £60m odd we were quoted in May, is actually pretty good value considering the price of other transfers in the market.

3 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Great potential. Can anyone who watched La Liga last season comment why he had a pretty quiet season even though Sociedad did really well?

Their play-style is ridiculously defensive and probably not suited to the way Isak wants to play. That being said, he’s had a poor season and looked particularly off the boil.