Alexander Isak

Disco

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

Chronicle are saying it's at 10am.

We love delaying the official announcement so I wouldn't expect anything in the next few minutes really.

SSN said they’d hear from Howe after 10 so you’d assume presser is then.

Eddie confirming we pivoted based on Wilson's injury. I imagine we were looking at two cash buys before this. But obviously this deal was always on the backburner. Perhaps Miggy's form changed our focus slightly too.

In a lot of ways it's probably a good thing the injury to Wilson has happened as early as it did.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Doesn’t really make sense to me that a transfer this big happens because of this current injury. We always knew Wilson would never last. 

Depends what he means I guess, we were obviously  in contact about Isak for a while. 

I mean, has to mean he finally understands we just can't trust Wilson anymore and therefore went all out on a new striker. As prior to the injury they might've though a younger player like JP would've been perfect as cover for all positions. 

1 minute ago, Flip said:

I mean, has to mean he finally understands we just can't trust Wilson anymore and therefore went all out on a new striker. As prior to the injury they might've though a younger player like JP would've been perfect as cover for all positions. 

I get that, but shouldn't we have known we can't trust Wilson anyway?

Happy with the signing anyway, it's just lucky that Wilson got injured now and not in a week.

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

5 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Eddie confirming we pivoted based on Wilson's injury. I imagine we were looking at two cash buys before this. But obviously this deal was always on the backburner. Perhaps Miggy's form changed our focus slightly too.

In a lot of ways it's probably a good thing the injury to Wilson has happened as early as it did.

Definitely, we were naive to even try and go into the season with just Wilson. 

He’s a fantastic player but an injury waiting to happen sadly. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Happy with the signing anyway, it's just lucky that Wilson got injured now and not in a week.

Going off how we asked Chelsea to keep us informed, how mad is it to think we asked the same of RS, in regard to Isak. Maybe us getting close to signing Pedro forced their hand.

Just now, r0cafella said:

Definitely, we were naive to even try and go into the season with just Wilson. 

He’s a fantastic player but an injury waiting to happen sadly. 

Pretty certain we were always going to bring in a striker. Just not necessarily in time for the Wolves game.

1 minute ago, BottledDog said:

Pretty certain we were always going to bring in a striker. Just not necessarily in time for the Wolves game.

I think that was obviously originally Ekitite and became JP. 

The issue with that approach would be if Wilson got a serious injury it’s a big ask to Rely on JP for goals. 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Howe likely wanted to show and probably had genuine faith that Wilson would have had a higher fitness output this season given he had a full pre season with him and changes that he had made with his personal life. I think we wanted to hold off another season before we spent this type of money on a striker but needs must now, also shows that Wood isn’t trusted.. Howe is known to be pretty ruthless.