Liverpool 2-1 Newcastle United (31/08/2022)

Yorkie

Liverpool are obviously a top top team, but they seem way off this season and you could see it at times last season, their midfield is very poor and defensively they are not as strong. Salah looks like he’s confused when he plays at the moment. They will have to go through a rebuild for a few seasons. Hopefully City will rinse them for the League.

No idea what the Scouse obsession with ball in play times in our games has come from. PR masterstroke from the jorman Harold Shipman here, all talk about us rather than how poor Liverpool were/are on the night. But to entertain that fucking bilge for a second longer than I need to;

Forest (h): We had 61% possession and were the better side.

Brighton (a): Was played in over 30 degree heat and had water breaks.

Man City (h): Any team outside the big 6 home or away v Man City will have less possession and try and waste time, but we were brilliant and deserved a result from an outstanding side.

Wolves (a): Wolves were the side who were time wasting, we had 64% possession and were chasing the game until we equalised in the 90th minute.

Liverpool (a): Underdog away at a great side and ground we haven't won at since 1995, 3rd away game in a week, 3 of our best players out, of course we're going to manage the game and try to eat up as many seconds as we can. Any other side would. We didn't see it out and lost, so what. Such a fixation on it; like I say, PR masterstroke from those vile, horrid cunts.

8 minutes ago, Conjo said:

More overtime = more playing time so that stat doesn't really give a good indication of how much/little time we wasted.

I hate watching Everton waste time every time they take the lead these days, so as long as the referees are consistent with adding to the overtime due to time wasting I don't have much to complain about.

That's not really what it was requested for - it was to see how added time compared in games with similar or more playing time during the match than last night. Those 8 games are the only PL matches with more play time than ours.

We're the only one where an unusual amount of overtime was added to the announced added time.

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

This cunt

I think he's having a sly pop at Liverpool really. Said they didn't deserve 3 points and finished by saying up the Reds. I choose to interpret that as "right up them".

4 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Putting the football to one side, this game was perfect for the tories. At a time when cities such as Newcastle and Liverpool should be uniting against the insidious corruption going on, the two cities now hate each other.

And of course everybody bites.

:dog:

7 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Putting the football to one side, this game was perfect for the tories. At a time when cities such as Newcastle and Liverpool should be uniting against the insidious corruption going on, the two cities now hate each other.

:ructions:

52 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Most Liverpool fans live in Ireland or the Home Counties these days tbf.

Just remembered, yet another reason Klopp is a hypocritical disgusting prick... how fucking long did Henderson take pissing about with the armband and having a chat whilst he was being subbed? It was ridiculous, I've seen players booked for way less.

Just now, Pilko said:

Just remembered, yet another reason Klopp is a hypocritical disgusting prick... how fucking long did Henderson take pissing about with the armband and having a chat whilst he was being subbed? It was ridiculous, I've seen players booked for way less.

Saw it timed by someone on Twitter, over a minute and a half between his number coming up and him leaving the pitch.