Liverpool 2-1 Newcastle United (31/08/2022)

Yorkie

We did waste a shitload of time to be fair, roles reversed we'd be saying what they are saying.

My overall sense is that we are on the way to somewhere good, which I don't believe liverpool are. They looked spent for long periods of the match, possibly player burnout.

Bottom line, we are a fucking decent side with a bright future 

After a night´s sleep, one thing that really sticks out in my mind was the fact that our substitutions had zero impact, made us worse, and the players were completely exhausted from about 70 mins.

I thought Eddie might have brought on schar as a defensive pivot or even Botman to go with a back five as the last twenty was backs to the wall. I often think that managers sometime stick to their "principles" rather than being pragmatic and making the changes that the game needs...

P.S. still love Eddie, but just something that occurred to me with retrospect.

I thought I'd calmed down but woke up raging again.

Their fans, Klopp, just cunts everywhere.

I don't agree with the poster saying treat others how they treat you, but might make an exception just for these cunts. Their visit to St James, and Newcastle, should be made as uncomfortable and intimidating as possible. Fuck them.

we move on - keep that anger for the return leg,  make it hell for them.  A real nasty atmosphere for their players/fans/coaches.

We can compete with the top of the league - that's what I am taking away from it.     We have gone toe to toe with Man C and Liverpool and if VAR wasn't shite - we could have beat them both.       We need to get out injured players back and started to put more points on the board.      

Things are progressing faster than I thought!

The fact that we're still seething a day later shows that our emotions for our club is back - its a good thing. So many times I just used to chuckle after the 2nd or third would go in and just turn the tv off. Good feeling to have back.

What got me that they showed a replay of our 2nd goal and by the time that replay was over play had resumed. Not even pretending VAR was reviewing it properly. And a few minutes later some made up lines turn up. 

Over the result, the klopp and lfc fans are grating but roles reverse we would be the same (EH aside, bloke doesn't throw shade even when deserved)

a lot of positives to be taken from the game. We are low key on to something good:indi:

Edited by NE27

4 minutes ago, dinotheprehistoricgeordie said:

The Liverpool love in on Reddit is sickening as well. 

r/soccer's pretty good, but it's full of insufferable American, Irish, and Australian fans whenever Liverpool, Man United, or Arsenal win. It's so much better when they lose.

I thought we were the better side for the first hour and we deserved a point from the game. All the crack on about time wasting is a convenient way of ignoring the obvious lack of quality from Liverpool. I didn't see anything wrong with most of our behaviour, Lascelles was limping for their second goal, Joelinton clearly had cramp and Pope took a knock. However, i dont like unsportsmanlike kicking balls away at free kicks and throw ins. It gains very little and makes you look like an arsehole. Arguably justified though as we were bringing on championship level players due to the glaringly massive holes in our squad. Absolutely going to do them at SJP with our first 11. 

3 minutes ago, Adam P said:

I thought we were the better side for the first hour and we deserved a point from the game. All the crack on about time wasting is a convenient way of ignoring the obvious lack of quality from Liverpool. I didn't see anything wrong with most of our behaviour, Lascelles was limping for their second goal, Joelinton clearly had cramp and Pope took a knock. However, i dont like unsportsmanlike kicking balls away at free kicks and throw ins. It gains very little and makes you look like an arsehole. Arguably justified though as we were bringing on championship level players due to the glaringly massive holes in our squad. Absolutely going to do them at SJP with our first 11. 

Are you THE Adam P?

If you are, welcome.

Edited by STM

2 minutes ago, Adam P said:

Are you the Adam P?!