Liverpool 2-1 Newcastle United (31/08/2022)

Yorkie

Only seen coaches throw or kick stuff in anger about a million times but since this is Liverpool, I'd like to hear what the Premier League has to say about it.

So obviously aimed at the officials, cant imagine why after a winning goal in 90+5+2+whatever it takes' minute.

Not like Liverpool to scoop the victimhood heat for themselves.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Still raging about the dodgy offside call and the ridiculous decision to keep playing until Liverpool scored. Watched it with a Liverpool supporter and he felt bad watching it, should have been a draw, we didn't deserve to lose that and they didn't deserve to win.

I do see a bonus in tonight, the reaffirming of my utter hatred for that scummy, self entitled cunt filled bag of shite never their fault club. And Klopp's nice guy bollocks, when in reality he's a spoilt tosser, who's just a bully who thinks he's above everybody else.

Made the mistake of reading the BBC match report / ensuing comment section. Absolutely no mention of dodgy refereeing, not even an allusion to it, surprise surprise (fuck you too, Cilla, while we're on the subject :lol:).

Comments section was, predicably, AIDS.  A mixture of Scouse "karma" comments and bizarre "I'm a neutral (in peyce) and Newcastle deserved to lose" shite (from what I can only assume were also scousers or other clubs' salty fans on the wind up). 

Anyway, my annual reminder to never delve into the comments section, about as balanced as RTG :lol:

Thank god for City. Hope they fucking canter to the title. It's annoying how good they are, but at least the manager and fans aren't insufferable c*nts. Would be delightful if we surpass them in 4-5 years time.

Edited by Turnbull2000

Still fuming about this, such a hard one to take. We were brilliant tonight though which is amazing considering we were without Bruno, ASM and Wilson, Howe has made us so much better than the sum of our parts. As others have said it's worth taking a moment after such a sickening defeat to remember were the club was a year ago and how good it feels to care again, as infuritating as it can be at times. HTL

I know I mentioned elsewhere, but we can slate VAR all we like, it didn’t overturn a goal. So it needs to be clearly and obviously wrong and that looks way too unclear. Yes it may be a technical issue, but without VAR that’s still not a goal. 

6 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

I know I mentioned elsewhere, but we can slate VAR all we like, it didn’t overturn a goal. So it needs to be clearly and obviously wrong and that looks way too unclear. Yes it may be a technical issue, but without VAR that’s still not a goal. 

Saying without VAR it’s still not a goal when VAR was supposed to be introduced because without VAR it wasn’t a goal and it should have been isn’t the right argument in my opinion.

I've got to drive from Hampshire to Newcastle tomorrow, setting off at 5.30am. Can't sleep after that game! 

Part of me is pissed off about offside shoulders and dodgy ref's watches etc, but now I've had a chance to lie here and think about it properly - I can only believe this really is the opening act of a new era. Those bastards were properly rattled, hence the booing off from the scouse monkeys. Before, there was only pity and sarcasm after another thrashing. We owe them next time at our place. 

In the meantime, let's channel this fury to our next game - Palace at home. I'll be there, can't fucking wait. And let's hope we continue to do ourselves justice until we can think about adding to the squad in January. Our bench needs a whole lotta work. But I am one proud Mag tonight, as you should be too. 

Well, just finished watching the match. Isak was not offside on his second goal and although Newcastle did go down a million times it seemed like they were going to run the clock until LFC scored.

Eddies guys fought like Lions though. Completely unfair result.

Just now, beerherenow said:

Noticeable how BT never even replayed the 'offside' goal. No debate, nothing. Absolute disgrace.

Never had a chance with BT, especially with two thirds of the studio panel being McManaman and Ferdinand :lol:

3 minutes ago, Billy Warthog said:

I've got to drive from Hampshire to Newcastle tomorrow, setting off at 5.30am. Can't sleep after that game! 

Part of me is pissed off about offside shoulders and dodgy ref's watches etc, but now I've had a chance to lie here and think about it properly - I can only believe this really is the opening act of a new era. Those bastards were properly rattled, hence the booing off from the scouse monkeys. Before, there was only pity and sarcasm after another thrashing. We owe them next time at our place. 

In the meantime, let's channel this fury to our next game - Palace at home. I'll be there, can't fucking wait. And let's hope we continue to do ourselves justice until we can think about adding to the squad in January. Our bench needs a whole lotta work. But I am one proud Mag tonight, as you should be too. 

I said exactly the same to my friends tonight as the game ended.  "We had them rattled and they are uncomfortable with it".  Not just Liverpool, the whole of the Premier league are glancing at our amazing progress.

20 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Hmmm. Klopp keeling over on the touchline live on Sky or us winning a trophy. 

You joke, but he looked like he was about to do himself some damage during the last 15 mins of that first half. Fucking calm down and work out what you can change yourself you daft bastard.

Guardiola has the right idea. Calm, calculating, already working out how he's going to turn things around. And doesn't look like he's going to have a cardiac arrest any moment.

Sorry I know it's nothing new but fuuucking hell Fletcher's commentary. He is absolutely my least favourite out there. If it's not the sudden unrequired bursts of excitement, it's the Liverpool poetry. Constantly fucking wittering with just a generally irritating voice. Made it all the more painful tonight tbh, he's just so fucking awful. Worse than Matterface. What's more it just seems to always be him on BT. I had absolutely no idea who he was before BT got going. Fuck knows why he got picked up, and where from, for this massive gig - particularly when there's so many decent ones who you only seem to hear now and again on whatever channel it might be. 

30 minutes ago, McDog said:

Why was Isak's second goal not reviewed by VAR? Was the flag up and that invalidated checking?

Of course it was reviewed, how come people still don't understand how VAR works?

4 minutes ago, Pata said:

Of course it was reviewed, how come people still don't understand how VAR works?

Sorry mate. Because I don't know. Why the fuck would I ask the question otherwise?

Just now, McDog said:

Sorry mate. Because I don't know. Why the fuck would I ask the question otherwise?

Calm down, I answered to you and the follow up wasn't directed solely at you. It has been in use for ages now though.

Its not worth getting upset about tonights result. We all know that the Premier League and its refs are in cahoots to preserve the interests of the usual big (but dirty) six clubs.

The game is bent as f*ck and the amount of VAR decisions given against teams outside the dirty six prove it. 

1 minute ago, Pata said:

Calm down, I answered to you and the follow up wasn't directed solely at you. It has been in use for ages now though.

Fair enough, other than last year I followed Newcastle in 1997 to about 2002 but the games were all in Spanish and I speak very little of that. I stopped watching the Premier league and last year in August after starting to work very closely with our office in England started watching the premier league again. I found out I could get all the games in English and who else to support but the team I had merch from in the 90's and followed then. The the takeover happened so it was watching every game they played. I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of VAR.

Anyway, cheers. That was a robbery job. 

42 minutes ago, beerherenow said:

Noticeable how BT never even replayed the 'offside' goal. No debate, nothing. Absolute disgrace.

NBC here in America showed it a few seconds later. Maybe someone else in America knows, does NBC just get raw feeds they mix/edit themselves? I'd assumed they just take the Sky/BT edit and just add their own commentary.