Liverpool 2-1 Newcastle United (31/08/2022)

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Also man, is there a fucking more detestable club than Liverpool under Klopp?

Tourist cunts booing our team off. Klopp going on like that. 

Hate them me. Hope they win fuck all.

Fully deserved for having the temerity to give them a game.

4 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Who's done that? 

Just think at 95th minute, with players dead on their feet and dropping with cramp, and the balls in the corner you just hold onto it away to one of the best sides in Europe. Just buy some time for your team and get a breather for everyone. Win a free kick, a corner, a throw in or wait for support. 

The odds of Elliot Anderson scoring up against Van Dijk and Gomez are very slim. 

Joelinton had a very good game. No idea where you think I'm pinning the blame on him for the goal mind. Just wish we had kept it in the corner and saw it out. 

Not sure why people are getting upset over that thought. 

We are managed by Howe now not Steve Bruce.  Anything is possible with Howe in charge. I know it can be hard to get rid of all the pessimism over the last decade with Ashley in charge.

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Who's done that? 

Just think at 95th minute, with players dead on their feet and dropping with cramp, and the balls in the corner you just hold onto it away to one of the best sides in Europe. Just buy some time for your team and get a breather for everyone. Win a free kick, a corner, a throw in or wait for support. 

The odds of Elliot Anderson scoring up against Van Dijk and Gomez are very slim. 

Joelinton had a very good game. No idea where you think I'm pinning the blame on him for the goal mind. Just wish we had kept it in the corner and saw it out. 

I think people need to understand that in  order to challenge for the top, you have to be very professional in almost every decisions made on the pitch, and do it consistently throughout 90 mins.

We were playing for a draw after Isak was subbed. That’s blatantly obvious. We did a lot of time wasting and we almost get what we want.

And then Joe made a naive decision. 

5 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Who's done that? 

What I used to love about Shearer. He knew exactly when and how to close a match out when it was tight. He'd just take it into their corner and keep it there.

Seems to be a lost art, and not many do it these days. We certainly don't.

5 minutes ago, JeffJ said:

Cunts. Gutted but know that Eddie will use this as a learning moment in our development.

We are going to fucking bullyram the fuck out of the next unfortunate team in our path. 

Liverpool (H) will be marked on the calendar.

it wil indeed and I hope we give the liverpool bench absolute hell - the bunch of whinging fucks!

4 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

I like that we went for it and didn't waste time, this is the sort of club we should be. it's just really unlucky that they ended up scoring of the last kick of the game but had Anderson got a shot in and scored it would've been a whole different story, the fact is coming into Anfield missing arguably our best 3 players and putting in that performance shows how far we've come in a relatively short time, plenty of positives to take from this and we have a chance to get back at them in St. James Park later in the season.

I would not blame Joe if we were going for the win throughout 90 mins. We were time wasting and hoping for a draw after Isak was subbed. 

1 minute ago, Zero said:

I think people need to understand that in  order to challenge for the top, you have to be very professional in almost every decisions made on the pitch, and do it consistently throughout 90 mins.

We were playing for a draw after Isak was subbed. That’s blatantly obvious. We did a lot of time wasting and we almost get what we want.

And then Joe made a naive decision. 

Not sure, I think it’s legit to think this is going to be your last attack and you can get the win. Even if your overall plan is to defend. 

4 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Klopp is a legit douche bag. No class. 

smug smile at the end the detestable cunt, I can't wait to see him cry when Haaland gets another hatrick against them 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Not sure, I think it’s legit to think this is going to be your last attack and you can get the win. Even if your overall plan is to defend. 

Ginola thought the same. 

You thought it’s the last attack, the referee thought otherwise. That’s exactly what the risk was.

As someone pointed out, I would never doubt if it’s Shearer he would not cross it and secure the point professionally 

Ain’t having going for the late winner. Support us trying win every game. I am absolutely annoyed by the extra time and the offside call, and I’m annoyed at our lack of clearance leading up to the corner and then the actual way we conceded. Klopp is a classless dick too. 

Ultimately I don’t fear any club in the PL, get these guys fit and hopefully we sign 1-2 more tomorrow. Newcastle United is back and I love Eddie Howe and our players. All of them. Even ones I dont want. :lol: 

Edited by Kanji

I'm so in love with being totally invested in the club again, like. Not only are we free of Ashley but we're making a proper fist of it too, and not in any cheat-code way a la Chelsea or City from years past: we've appointed a fantastic manager and we're really building a team. I love that young players like Anderson, local players like Longstaff, stalwarts from the Rafa days like Schar - are all a huge part of the squad. The club post-takeover gives you immense pride, despite the problems with the ownership, and now is the perfect time to remind ourselves of where we've come from.

In less than twelve months I've gone from believing the club no longer existed and wishing nothing but ill on the imposter in its place, to having totally rekindled my child-like obsession with it. 

We gave it everything tonight and deserved more against a truly formidable opponent and, at the end of it all, 0 points here rather than 1 isn't going to be the difference between us having a bad season rather than a good one. 

4 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Extra fun thing that's fucked me off - Jose Enrique referring to Liverpool as "us" and "we" on Twitter. 

Just remember when he ended up in goal against us and we smacked them around for fun at SJP. They've got another shoeing coming, and it's gonna be real fucking soon.