Newcastle United 0-0 Crystal Palace; post match frustration from p26

Yorkie

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

Botman is desperate for a goal like

Attacks it really well. Brilliantly assertive. 

Can see him and Schar both getting a few this season. Far cry from the days of Coloccini and Williamson when the CBs would provide 1 a season between them. 

Has 0-1 to Palace written all over this, Isak with such a poor effort, just fucking place it or smash it and Willock, get him away from CM forever! Poor game!

3 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Willock's been really disappointing. He's a player who looks better coming off the bench.

Apart from the Liverpool game he's been disappointing the whole season. 

Just now, Pokerprince2004 said:

Thought we played really well there - should have scored at least a couple and think our defence looked solid. Come on here and its all doom and gloom. Mental how different fans can have such different opinions watching the same match ?

Think you’re on the wrong thread mate - the optimistic thread is somewhere else.

Joelinton the destroyer clearly works really well when you’ve got players like Bruno and Shelvey who can pass the ball well.  Love watching Joelinton playing with good midfielders.  He’s far more exposed playing with Willock and Longstaff (though I think Longstaff has been ok again today)

Just now, Ronaldo said:

Can see him and Schar both getting a few this season. Far cry from the days of Coloccini and Williamson when the CBs would provide 1 a season between them. 

Yeah it's night and day. I love them as a partnership. Solid at the back, good going forward, sexy af - they've got it all.

Strange old game. Midfield look leggy and seem miles off it at times. Yet we have had enough decent chances to go in at least a couple up. 

Not really many options from the bench. But Willock has done fuck all. Big Joe is below his usual levels and Longstaff has played some lovely balls. But seems to be in the wrong place all the while. 

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

That was as much down to Pardew’s terrible persistent use of a floated set penis, tbf

We’ve been OK. Had most of the attacking incentives and have missed a couple of great chances. We’ll have more chances no doubt and we’ll bury one or two of them. Could do with Anderson on for Willock though since we’ve been rather pedestrian in midfield so far. 

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Strange old game. Midfield look leggy and seem miles off it at times. Yet we have had enough decent chances to go in at least a couple up. 

Not really many options from the bench. But Willock has done fuck all. Big Joe is below his usual levels and Longstaff has played some lovely balls. But seems to be in the wrong place all the while. 

I thought Joelintons been canny tbf. More so off the ball than on it. 

Need to bare in mind this is the 5th game in about 13 days like (including City and Liverpool), they're bound to be a bit knackered. We badly need this week off and get at least 2 more quality back into the side

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Has 0-1 to Palace written all over this, Isak with such a poor effort, just fucking place it or smash it and Willock, get him away from CM forever! Poor game!

Someone else pointed out he had an awkward touch, actually on both his chances which seemed to produce no power. He tried to chip it because he didn't seem to have firm control.

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

I thought Joelintons been canny tbf. More so off the ball than on it. 

Been everywhere as per usual. Just not that good in possession and we lack any cutting edge from our midfield. Not his fault, per se. As it’s not his game. But I thought he was sloppy with the ball. 

11 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

That first half was way below the standards Howe has set.

Feel like every match thread for multiple seasons you’re in here perpetually whinging about every minor thing. 

I’m not even being a dick here I was just wondering does it not make watching it a bit shit for you?