Loris Karius: Released (Official)

NWMag

1 minute ago, thomas said:

Ready made replacement for De Gea now that they've let him go on a free. Already spent time at the club, seasoned pro. Reckon a cut rate price of £25m for our good friends in the north west should do.

Might be in with a chance if they miss out on that Inter keeper, although I guess they would probably go for Pickford ahead of him.

5 hours ago, Stifler said:

Good. Now let’s move Dubs on.

Why :lol:

If he's happy to stay considering we have more games, he's a fantastic #2. Saved us for years and we aren't going to sign anyone as good as him.

53 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Pure love him, don't know why.

Underdog who's had to deal with immense humiliation and hate that would destroy a lot of people irreversably but seems like a sweet soul.

Very handsome.

56 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Fair enough. Here's to hoping he never has to play.

Champions League final in 2024 has got his name written on it, so it has been written, so it will come to pass.

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Dubs and Darlow to go then?

We're not going to have 4 senior keepers. 

Darlow for sure needs flogged. I don’t know that Howe sees Karius as a solid #2, so I imagine that Dubs stays unless we get an offer we can’t refuse.

6 minutes ago, Deuce said:

Darlow for sure needs flogged. I don’t know that Howe sees Karius as a solid #2, so I imagine that Dubs stays unless we get an offer we can’t refuse.

Maybe we're playing the percentages like with Shelvey last year?

Dubravka played a game and 2/3s, the full game only came because we decided to get Pope his operation a bit earlier with 4th secured. We might just decide to cash in on him for the benefit of FFP given how little he'd play. If we're registering 25 I doubt we'd waste 4 places on goalkeepers and we'd not renew Gillespie and Karius if they weren't going to be two of them. 

2 hours ago, Aiston said:

Why :lol:

If he's happy to stay considering we have more games, he's a fantastic #2. Saved us for years and we aren't going to sign anyone as good as him.

Because he’s on a fair wage still, and he is one of the few sellable assets we have who we can sell without weakening our 1st team.

He also doesn’t want to be here, as is evident when he went to Man Utd to be number 2 there, and before that was in front of the TV cameras asking his agent to get him a move out of the club.

Edited by Stifler

46 minutes ago, triggs said:

Paul Dummett is still on our books? :lol:

Four players have to be club-grown for UEFA competitions.

We have four, including Dummett. The others are Elliot Anderson, Sean Longstaff, and Kell Watts. We have literally no others at the moment.

4 hours ago, elbee909 said:

We have four, including Dummett. The others are Elliot Anderson, Sean Longstaff, and Kell Watts. We have literally no others at the moment.

And Gillespie.

which is why we will have 4 GK as Gillespie and not Karius will be 3rd keeper pick in the Champions League

34 minutes ago, James said:

And Gillespie.

which is why we will have 4 GK as Gillespie and not Karius will be 3rd keeper pick in the Champions League

Gillespie isn’t club home grown

5 hours ago, elbee909 said:

They don’t have to be 

if you don’t have a home grown you just have 1 less in the squad

so basically it’s Dummett or no one - not Dummett + ASM vs no one