Loris Karius

NWMag

I would prefer Dubravka personally, this guy is a bit too flappy in both times I have seen him play a competitive game for us

But again by this point what is even there to lose if we stick with Karius

The difference between the 2 is that Dubravka makes a few saves that wouldn't expect him to make, and then Karius let's in a few that you'd expect him to save. Dubravka's biggest problem is we're now disappointed he's not making the great saves that Pope would make. 

27 minutes ago, M1tche said:

The difference between the 2 is that Dubravka makes a few saves that wouldn't expect him to make, and then Karius let's in a few that you'd expect him to save. Dubravka's biggest problem is we're now disappointed he's not making the great saves that Pope would make. 

Dubravka’s biggest problem has always been that he’s prone to massive errors. In the Euro’s one year he flapped a shot against the bar and then punched it in his own goal! 

Shat myself when I saw this guy in the starting line up. Shat myself everytime they countered. If I'm shitting myself - I wonder how our defenders are feeling.

Edited by Menace

I know he's shipped 4 and that's not great by any stretch but I thought he did reasonably well tonight. He had little/no chance with 3 of the goals and seemed on his toes to clean up any balls played in and behind the back 4, he stopped the shots he had a chance with and there were no major mistakes at all. I'm not saying he was brilliant but all things considered it wasn't bad. He needs games if he's going to get sharper and they won't always be Arsenal (A)

Nowt between him and Dubravka for me. You could argue he should have done better for their last goal. Hopefully he gets a run of games now against easier opposition.

19 minutes ago, Menace said:

Shat myself when I saw this guy in the starting line up. Shat myself everytime they countered. If I'm shitting myself - I wonder how our defenders are feeling.

I'd hate to sit next to you at a game, must honk.

38 minutes ago, Menace said:

They’re professionals doing their job and they train with him every day. I’m sure their bowels and kegs are clean. 

Edited by cubaricho

26 minutes ago, Menace said:

Maybe take a laxative the day before your next game! 🤣

57 minutes ago, M1tche said:

what goal has he let in that you would expect him to save? 

an own goal, deflection, tap in, etc

even the goal in the cup final last year wasn’t on him. Casemiro had an easy finish there. 

why are we judging this guy and still using the cliches from the CL final vs madrid.

he looked fine to me today and he looked fine when he played in the cup final for us. Maybe could do better with positioning. Maybe could hold a few more instead of the rebounds. 

can someone show me a goal we conceded that he can be solely blamed for? 

we played like shit 

Just now, Sufi said:

what goal has he let in that you would expect him to save? 

an own goal, deflection, tap in, etc

even the goal in the cup final last year wasn’t on him. Casemiro had an easy finish there. 

why are we judging this guy and still using the cliches from the CL final vs madrid.

he looked fine to me today and he looked fine when he played in the cup final for us. Maybe could do better with positioning. Maybe could hold a few more instead of the rebounds. 

can someone show me a goal we conceded that he can be solely blamed for? 

we played like shit 

I'm sure him having more game time would help him too.

Thought he was OK today, and actually pretty good given how easily we were torn apart and how little competitive game time he's had.

It seemed to me though that neither him nor Dubravka have the same link with the defence or command of the box as Pope does.

As the third choice keeper, given limited funds to spend on alternatives, seems to me he's been a pretty good choice to keep on.

I know we conceded 4 goals, but in the context of how much he's played, the nature of the goals themselves and what most were expecting the score to be before the game I don't think he can be criticised too much.

Edited by Abacus

Difficult to say with him only playing one game since the LC final if there's any noticable difference in command of box, shot stopping and passing/kicking compared to Dubs, but one thing that was easy to see is that he's better at sweeping than Dubs.

Wouldn't mind if he got a few more chances to prove himself, and of course, if he does well, becomes our 2nd choice keeper.