Garang Kuol (on loan at FC Volendam)

Johnny

Just now, Whitley mag said:

No way of dressing this up Shola out.

This isn’t something to throw Shola under the bus for, there were a lot of reasons for why this loan should have worked, and I sincerely doubt Shola could have done this without Ashworth’s approval.

Very simply this hasn’t worked out due to human factors outside of the club’s control.

11 minutes ago, James said:

This isn’t something to throw Shola under the bus for, there were a lot of reasons for why this loan should have worked, and I sincerely doubt Shola could have done this without Ashworth’s approval.

Very simply this hasn’t worked out due to human factors outside of the club’s control.

What factors they knew the set up at Hearts when they loaned him out ? Is it not the loan manager’s job to do his homework on manager etc ? Get sufficient minutes built in to loan ?

Edited by Whitley mag

I seem to remember reading that we essentially allowed Kuol to decide his preferred destination from the various suitors. 

Doesn't change the fact that Shola has no business playing a role in an NUFC that is no longer a parody of itself, though. 

14 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Football Manager logic dictates that we'll never loan a player to Hearts ever again.

next time we loan out we lock 'regular starter' and make them pay more in loan fees when the player isn't playing.

2 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

I seem to remember reading that we essentially allowed Kuol to decide his preferred destination from the various suitors. 

Doesn't change the fact that Shola has no business playing a role in an NUFC that is no longer a parody of itself, though. 

That's what it sounded like, yeah. I would guess that in itself shows we're still totally amateur in this department though.

I would hope we'd have a much more considered structure in place for sending developing players on loan in the future.

40 minutes ago, James said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he just read this thread and thought 'that's a canny idea'. 

Kuol wanted to go to Hearts, the deal wasn't lined up by Shola. Kuol wanted it as he thought being with the three other Australian's in the Hearts squad would help him settle in the UK etc. 

Hasn't worked out footballing wise for sure.

34 minutes ago, Greg said:

Kuol wanted to go to Hearts, the deal wasn't lined up by Shola. Kuol wanted it as he thought being with the three other Australian's in the Hearts squad would help him settle in the UK etc. 

Hasn't worked out footballing wise for sure.

That's fine but as a professional football club we shouldn't be shoving the rudder into the hands of a young kid. Involving him in the decision, sure, but responsibility lies with the club.

I don’t agree that Strolla is fully to blame for this particular loan.

I do think that looking at our other loans added to the fact he was an Ashley era mouthpiece means he shouldn’t be near the club anymore 

On 16/04/2023 at 12:49, magvicar said:

The lad is just a kid and learning his trade in a tough league.

Throwing him into the deep end won't generally benefit him but having him ease into games based on his ability to play in them that the manager believes suit him better will potentially aid in his progress rather than hinder.

I know some fans get a bit over excited when a player like him comes on the scene with the tag of " wonder kid" and immediately it's a case of " why isn't Howe putting him in the squad."

And as it stands now some fans questioning why he isn't starting for Hearts based on this "wonder kid" tag, as if Hearts are a no mark team but the reality is, although they've lost a good few off the belt they're still 4th in the Scottish premier league.

I'd rather the kid blends in over time rather than end up being thrown in the lions den and end up being swallowed up and spat out as bare bones.

👏

I think people are going to have to learn to think differently about the youngsters we pick up in the next few years. There’s a strong possibility that some of them will never kick a ball in a black and white shirt, especially if we do build a multi-club model. What is just as likely to happen with people like Kuol is that he'll be coached and developed and sold on for a decent profit. It’s one of the things the club is going to have to get better at to deal with ffp.

16 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

I think people are going to have to learn to think differently about the youngsters we pick up in the next few years. There’s a strong possibility that some of them will never kick a ball in a black and white shirt, especially if we do build a multi-club model. What is just as likely to happen with people like Kuol is that he'll be coached and developed and sold on for a decent profit. It’s one of the things the club is going to have to get better at to deal with ffp.

You're not wrong about that :thup:

Many at Tynecastle were surprised Koul didn't get on yesterday. 

Stevie Naismith made some much needed changes to the team and formation including a rare start for our Japanese striker, Oda. 

6-0 after an hour was the cue for multiple subs (gave the last half hour a pre-season friendly feel) but no Koul.

No idea what's going on, tbh. The Scottish Premier can be a bit quick and haphazard for newbies but the lad has played at a World Cup. There are rumours of dressing room rifts under Neilson but, again, difficult to see how much a young lad can be involved in such things.

Anyway, here's to a few more Newcastle goals in the 2nd half.

Lots of players play at a WC - the standard isn’t exactly high (and will become even more mediocre with a 48 team tournament).

As others have said, he might make it, he might not.  Hearts should feel under no obligation to play a player for our benefit - and the lad seems like a good egg, so I doubt it’s attitude which is keeping him on the bench.  It’s far more likely that he isn’t at that level yet.

It would be good to see him loaned to a lesser European league or the old Fourth Division for the first half of next season. 

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Lots of players play at a WC - the standard isn’t exactly high (and will become even more mediocre with a 48 team tournament).

As others have said, he might make it, he might not.  Hearts should feel under no obligation to play a player for our benefit - and the lad seems like a good egg, so I doubt it’s attitude which is keeping him on the bench.  It’s far more likely that he isn’t at that level yet.

It would be good to see him loaned to a lesser European league or the old Fourth Division for the first half of next season. 

I'm quite flattered you believe there are lesser European league's than our Scottish Premier. 😃 😀 😄 

Really need to buy a few european feeder clubs, get in coaches who have a similar style/philosophy to Howe and then sign up a load of upcoming youngsters and loan them. The top ones we integrate into our squad the rest we sell for profit.