Manchester United 0-0 Newcastle United (16/10/2022)

Disco

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Howay man, nothing wrong with the odd wind-up but just give it a rest. Especially about KI who is well liked

on the board 

Same here, I welcome the banter.  I can't stand the posters who think they have imaginary friends on here and back slap on every topic.  You know who you are.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Aye I thought Fred was areet. We couldn't get any rhythm at all in the second half, whereas we let ManU do that 'first time pass around the corner thing' time and time again. 

I thought he gave the ball away so much and miscontrolled the ball in so many positive situations. 

Thought Martinez was rubbish too. 

Actually thought Shaw was our best player. 

1 minute ago, Rod said:

Same here, I welcome the banter.  I can't stand the posters who think they have imaginary friends on here and back slap on every topic.  You know who you are.

Nice one Rod - you’re a top lad ??

4 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

A couple of transfer windows away from being a genuine threat to the top 6 I think.

My feet are very much on the ground but I fail to see how we're not a genuine threat right now tbh. We've held our own against every single one of them we've played so far this season, and it's only a pile of bullshit at Anfield which means we're not unbeaten. 

We're definitely at least the 'best of the rest' as things stand. 

23 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

Who'd have thought it playing at home!

Aye, we've just restricted a top 6 team who've had a team which cost £530m to 2 shots on target after hitting the bar twice ourselves. Even in their 'dominant' second half we didn't look in too much bother. If we're playing like that when our starting XI costs that sort of money at home to a non top-6 team I'd be raging.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Aye, we've just restricted a top 6 team who've had a team which cost £530m to 2 shots on target after hitting the bar twice ourselves. Even in their 'dominant' second half we didn't look in too much bother. If we're playing like that when our starting XI costs that sort of money at home to a non top-6 team I'd be raging.

But as it stands right now we are a top 6 team

Just now, Rod said:

No Newcastle fan will admit to this but Dan Burn isn't that good.  I love him because he's Toon through and through but ..........

I think he was perfect for where we were last year but I don't think he's a top 7 starter. Targett should be ahead of him imo.

Just now, Rod said:

No Newcastle fan will admit to this but Dan Burn isn't that good.  I love him because he's Toon through and through but ..........

Antony couldn't even get the better of him until he was tired and on a yellow card. 

£80m my hole. 

Fuck Manchester United and fuck their arrogant, entitled cunts for fans.

Streaming out on 85 minutes at 0-0 when the game is on a knife edge. What on earth goes through people's minds. 

So glad Rashford missed that chance. Ronaldo would have buried it too.

Long may their demise continue.

Just now, Rod said:

Thought he was last season at CB, came in when trips pretty much got injured, things changed instantly and we started moving up the table.

Really don’t like him at LB though

Champagne problems of a sort, I suppose, but it’s always a let down during a tricky away game that we might have half an eye on snatching bringing our subs on. It’s deflating more than anything else, indicating that we are happy for the draw. Sort of spoils any inner momentum I have built up watching, like ‘Oh, we’re doing this now?’

3 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Fuck Manchester United and fuck their arrogant, entitled cunts for fans.

Streaming out on 85 minutes at 0-0 when the game is on a knife edge. What on earth goes through people's minds. 

So glad Rashford missed that chance. Ronaldo would have buried it too.

Long may their demise continue.

To be fair to them they’ve got trains to catch to get back down south.

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

Burn turns like an oil tanker and is not a fret at all from set penises.[emoji38]

Still like him, mind.

This is bang on.  He should never be playing full back because of his lack of pace.  However, he is great in the middle of defence.

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

My feet are very much on the ground but I fail to see how we're not a genuine threat right now tbh. We've held our own against every single one of them we've played so far this season, and it's only a pile of bullshit at Anfield which means we're not unbeaten. 

We're definitely at least the 'best of the rest' as things stand. 

Depth mainly for me. We don't really have any game changers from the bench and usually we look much worse when we have to make any substitutes. 

Given our high energy style of play and how congested this season is we will pick up injuries and need to freshen things up in games and I reckon over the course of the season we'll end up picking up a fair few draws instead of potential wins. 

8 minutes ago, Holloway said:

I also was wincing a bit at Burn today,think Eddie overlooked the situation by not slotting Matt in there

Think it's an even call, really. Targett is okay, but struggles against a good opponent. Over the summer, LB seemed to be an area we were seeking to improve.

Burn has his limitations but as a personality and leader his presence seems to add something to the side. His arrival marked a turning point. 

Edited by Cronky