Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

11 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

We get branded “deluded Geordies” because we have heightened expectations of the club due to previous successes. I know that bothers some of our fanbase, but I would rather we have that label than be seen as accepting of mediocrity.

Only thing that bothers me about that is its just  parrotted without any context. Its almost never explained and there's a lack of self-awareness, humility to accept the reality that we were right and it was they who were deluded - when changes of ownership do show what we could/should have been. (post McKeag/Ashley)

Edited by Jonas

8 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Only thing that bothers me about that is its just  parrotted without any context. Its almost never explained and there's a lack of self-awareness, humility to accept the reality that we were right and it was they who were deluded - when changes of ownership do show what we could/should have been. (post McKeag/Ashley)

Agreed, it was lazy from those parroting it and used to wind us up, which works for clicks to those hunting for them.

Just now, KaKa said:

Yeah, absolutely.

Sorry was just laughing at how on the fence the opinion seemed. It's been rumoured all week he was going to get the sack, losing to Burnley will be the final nail in the coffin

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Sorry was just laughing at how on the fence the opinion seemed. It's been rumoured all week he was going to get the sack, losing to Burnley will be the final nail in the coffin

Ah, I see. Hadn't seen any of that.

Was surprised it didn't happen after that loss to the previous manager O'Neill last week, having taken the lead in the game.

Remember when Arsenal played Sheffield United, Arsenal scored a dodgy goal and Bruce took a fit and hauled his players off the pitch before a rematch was arranged, which Arsenal won easily?

Classic Brucey.