Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

This is awful, seeing someone’s entire career destroyed by injury is horrible 

He had a surgery here in Finland last year with pretty much the best hamstring expert there is, but seems like it just doesn't work for him. Originally should have made the Euros but he must have injured it again at least twice after it.

Rooney seemed to spend all summer pissing about doing punditry and on podcasts etc as well, hardly seemed like he was focused on the job in hand.

Obviously it's just one game but given his record at Birmingham I don't understand why you'd give him another job at the same level, other than because he was a big name as a player.

Looking at a Plymouth forum it seems like this is near to their strongest side and the formation and style Rooney played with all pre-season and they've been scuttled by a side tipped to be also-rans at best. Hardly sticking my neck out by saying I don't think it'll end well.

Not sure how many loan players they had last year but certainly we gave them Phillips at CB all season and Devine in midfield for the second half. Presume there were others. Neither has been loaned back to them so far this year.

16 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Not sure how many loan players they had last year but certainly we gave them Phillips at CB all season and Devine in midfield for the second half. Presume there were others. Neither has been loaned back to them so far this year.

5 is the max apparently.

7 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

5 is the max apparently.

Their results fell apart a bit towards the end of last season, which is why their manager was sacked. If they’ve lost some loan players and not yet replaced them then I’d have expected them to struggle anyway, Rooney or no Rooney.

7 hours ago, Pilko said:

Rooney seemed to spend all summer pissing about doing punditry and on podcasts etc as well, hardly seemed like he was focused on the job in hand.

Totally agree with this as I was going to say the same thing about him.

It struck a nerve with me that he was appointed as their manager on 25th May and a few weeks later, he was in Germany along with his pals for the Euros doing punditry work.

Yes, I understand that he had probably signed up as a pundit even before he got the Plymouth job and had contractual obligations to fulfill. But I wouldn't have been too happy as a Plymouth fan, after just surviving relegation on the final day of the season to see your newly appointed manager on Tv in Germany talking about the Euros.

Could never imagine Howe prioritising other work before his tea team, contractual obligations or not. Even when we were jetting out to Japan, he was analysing stuff on his laptop before the players even got on the plane. Super proud and grateful of our manager like.  

Edited by nufcjb