Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

Burnley look pretty good early days here. They have a squad that are probably too good for the Champo and not good enough to maintain their Prem status. I look forward to Parker getting Sacked November 2025 for complaining they haven't spent enough to survive. 

22 hours ago, gdm said:

Surprised how bad Luton have been 

I wasn’t, they’re terrible. How they took 4 (almost 6) points off us last season I’ll never know. Putrid one dimensional team.

11 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I wasn’t, they’re terrible. How they took 4 (almost 6) points off us last season I’ll never know. Putrid one dimensional team.

Momentum plus some very physically imposing and pacy players.

Took their one big chance down their place. Thought Isak’s goal should’ve stood and would’ve maybe changed the momentum and hit their confidence but they were relentless whilst we squandered a couple of half chances.

Home game they were in form but were fortunate. Every chance they made they took it felt. After us pulling it back to 4-4 we should’ve done much better with the final 25+mins.

They played us both times during our season lull.

Edited by LFEE

5 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Blackburn with 8 goals in first 120 odd mins of their season. Not bad.

Didn't realise Szmodics was still there. 

18 minutes ago, Menace said:

Relatively sure Wrexham will be in the prem within 4-5 years

Wrexham game at the weekend was on national broadcast TV here in the USA. CBS/Paramount have the EFL rights for the next 4 years.

Aye. They're sponsored by United and were sponsored by Expedia/TikTok in the national league :lol:

I'm pretty sure they have a pretty big following in America too.

Edited by Menace

Just now, Menace said:

Aye. They're sponsored by Delta and were sponsored by Expedia/TikTok in the national league :lol:

I'm pretty sure they have a pretty big following in America too.

Sky mentioned a poll or survey of US soccer fans recognizing Wrexham only next to Messi in namesake. [emoji38]

United Airlines is their shirt sponsor and I must admit I follow them more than I should. Apparently the Rob’s were inspired by Sunderland ‘Till I Die and considered buying Hartlepool before Wrexham.

29 minutes ago, Menace said:

Relatively sure Wrexham will be in the prem within 4-5 years

They’ll probably need some heavy investors to make that happen, I’m sure they’ll have some interest from the US, maybe an NFL franchise owner?