Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

Not a fan of the format either, robs us of some drama experienced such as PSG away etc and a final day where everyone had a chance of finishing 1st/2nd.  Can't imagine it changing back though, expansions rarely ever do, if anything it would solve iffy square route problems for the euros and WC so it wouldn't be that surprising if it was adopted for those?

8 minutes ago, ramirez said:

Not a fan of the format either, robs us of some drama experienced such as PSG away etc and a final day where everyone had a chance of finishing 1st/2nd.  Can't imagine it changing back though, expansions rarely ever do, if anything it would solve iffy square route problems for the euros and WC so it wouldn't be that surprising if it was adopted for those?

It brings more money to the bigger clubs, and pretty much guarantees them a place the knock outs. They won't change it back because it will work as intended.

51 minutes ago, ramirez said:

This is my biggest fear with this format, we'll have to wait and see, but going into the last round of the only real drama is whether someone could finish is a play-off spot or get a buy to the round of 16, then I think the group stage will lose a lot of it's appeal.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Barca a man and a goal down after 15 minutes away to Monaco. 

Akliouche is going to be really good.

A right winger I hope is on our radar.

14 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Akliouche is going to be really good.

A right winger I hope is on our radar.

Was thinking the same especially with the Mitchell link.

Just undertook Dennis Wise scouting and exactly what we need a poor man's Olise.