Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

Aye cheers EPL, we could of had Anderson and Minteh instead we get Willock and Almiron 

Bit harsh on Willock. Just because he’s been a sicknote for a while. He has had some massive games for us. 

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Bit harsh on Willock. Just because he’s been a sicknote for a while. He has had some massive games for us. 

Nar, can't build a team with crocks, I'd rather we kept Wood and got rid of Wilson as well.

11 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Feel whenever I watch Anderson at the City Ground he's class. :lol: The one time I was really impressed with him playing for us was the last minute Isak penalty game when he come on at HT. 

And we only got £20m for him in real terms. That's with being generous with a £5m valuation of the Greek guy. 

9 minutes ago, Ben said:

Nar, can't build a team with crocks, I'd rather we kept Wood and got rid of Wilson as well.

I'd still have sold Wood for the fee we were offered at the time, but we definitely haven't replaced him. Am aware his goalscoring return for us was poor but he offered something different and the ability to be a focal point; give us a different way of playing. Was key for that reason in that run that kept us up and in those few games around when Wilson and Isak were crocked when we finished 4th; Southampton away, Chelsea home, Leicester away.

And his goal return for Forest has been very good as they play in a way to get the best out of him. We don't for our striker and haven't for too long.

2 minutes ago, CPL said:

Fuck PSR man. Anderson is having a stormer and dictating everything this half. 

It's pretty disheartening.

But the rules were there years beforehand.

We were way too careless managing the situation.

No one to blame but ourselves really.

17 minutes ago, Ben said:

Could have kept both if not for PSR. Just found it a really odd comparison and a bit out of left field. Different players and  neither start in our strongest 11. 

He was instrumental in a lot of games in our 4th placed season. Plus that mad scoring run he went on under Cabbage head. A really unique player and I’m personally a big fan of his. 

Hoping his injuries might be behind him. As it all seemed to be linked last season and we did the usual thing of rushing a player back before he’s ready. He didn’t have a particularly bad injury record for us before that I don’t think? But it’s not looking promising at the minute, is it? 

People can have all the FOMO over Elliott Anderson all they like but the kid wouldn't have been getting a gig, at CM, anytime soon for us. Not consistently, every game. 

He didn't want to go but it was to his benefit to do so and he's flourishing. 

Great for him. Not bad for us tho. 

Edited by Groundhog63

6 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

The fact we had to sell Anderson is an absolute shitter. If the fee for the Greek keeper is anywhere near as daft as reported we've probably been mugged as well.

I know I'm in a minority on here but I would have preferred to sell Bruno for anything north of £70m and kept Anderson. 

2 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

People can have all the FOMO over Elliott Anderson all they like but the kid wouldn't have been getting a gig, at CM, anytime soon for us. Not consistently, every game. 

He didn't want to go but it was to his benefit to do so and he's flourishing. 

Great for him. Not bad for us tho. 

Yeah. I thought Anderson flattered to deceive most of his time here bar the odd game out wide. We don’t play with a 10, so that’s not really a fair comparison. Still shit that we had to sell him, mind.  

He has looked great for City. But so has Chris Wood FFS and there has been some revisionist nonsense about his time here and all. It was like having a statue up there most the time. He was terrible back to goal and holding the ball up for a big fella and on the ball he offered nothing. His goal return was poor and all. We were always taking that deal. 

Just now, Dancing Brave said:

giphy.webp

Maybe and I understand your response 😁. I just don't think he's as good as some people on here make out. He was available last summer for £100m and probably a lot less if anyone actually put a decent bid in, but no club did. 

We need to sell one top player to progress. For me it's Bruno before Isak or Gordon or Botman if he comes back pre injury form. He's the oldest and easiest to replace, we've already got Tonali. 

7 minutes ago, 500bhp said:

Maybe and I understand your response 😁. I just don't think he's as good as some people on here make out. He was available last summer for £100m and probably a lot less if anyone actually put a decent bid in, but no club did. 

We need to sell one top player to progress. For me it's Bruno before Isak or Gordon or Botman if he comes back pre injury form. He's the oldest and easiest to replace, we've already got Tonali. 

How many teams in world football could afford £100m? It’s a handful of clubs, surely? So the fact that 5-10 elite clubs in world football didn’t think it was a good deal or a position of need. That says what, exactly?

How do we know there weren’t informal talks regarding a possible price and a PSR deal? The same way there apparently were with Gordon?

It would need to be the right club for him and all. Not just a money move. As it sounds like he is on a wedge and is clearly ambitious and competitive. His next move might be his last to a club that will play consistently in the CL and challenge for trophies. 

Bruno is massive for us. As highlighted whenever he doesn’t play. We can’t string 5 passes together or build from

the back and we create even less than we do currently. 

As for keeping Anderson over him. That is quite frankly an outlandish statement :lol: Anderson had about 3-4 decent games for us, was starting to look a bit position-less in our setup, was behind what, 5 midfielders in the pecking order?

He’s done nothing to suggest he can get to Bruno levels IMO. Different type of player, anyway.