Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

2 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

As for automated offsides, that doesn't solve this situation, it's still reliant on the linesman on the pitch to make the initial call

Surely they can have a system that takes a few seconds and pings the ref if they were off. So linesman gives the obvious ones, if its tight no flag and the system can check it. The injury excuse it stupid, its just a bias like yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

Surely they can have a system that takes a few seconds and pings the ref if they were off. So linesman gives the obvious ones, if its tight no flag and the system can check it. The injury excuse it stupid, its just a bias like yesterday. 

At some point I think we'll get there, not sure the tech is quite there yet 

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

What even is a Bryan Gil?

Not seen him before, when the commentator said "Spurs are going to bring on Bryan Gil" I just envisioned they were drafting in some 60 year old wearing a flat cap with a rolled up newspaper under his arm... turns out he's Spanish  [emoji38]

Just as we speak - had a text message from O2 saying my phone tariff is going up from £21.82 to £27.49. That’s a ridiculous jump in one go, as soon as we’re given a little back through the National Insurance- it doesn’t take long for other bastards to take it.

3 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Just seen Mbappe has turned 25. If he has any footballing ambition he should be moving on this summer. The cunt.

Think it's pretty much nailed on he'll go to Real on a free this summer