Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

City's biggest problem was that midfield. Left back Gvardiol very defensive of course and Foden sacrificed to winger with no support. Rico Lewis was totally bullied as a no 8 and Akanji is so bad on the ball that you cannot except him to make line breaking passes. Should have started with Kovacic, but maybe wasn't fit.

7 minutes ago, brummie said:

A reminder - this manager arrived a year and two weeks ago, and took a team that was 17th, and only not 18th on goal difference and turned it into this.

A reminder - you tell us this every week.

2 minutes ago, wiseman said:

Yeah but villas form over the last 12 months, the club has that feel good factor and momentum behind them. The best chance I thought for them to slow down was this man city then arsenal games, Knocking the wind out of their sails, but getting points against city, I can see them continuing to pick up enough points.

There's 23 games to go., they'll have setbacks this season. I was a massive sceptic regarding us at the same time last season mind.

If we don't finish 4th I hope they do though.

1 minute ago, KingArthur said:

City's biggest problem was that midfield. Left back Gvardiol very defensive of course and Foden sacrificed to winger with no support. Rico Lewis was totally bullied as a no 8 and Akanji is so bad on the ball that you cannot except him to make line breaking passes. Should have started with Kovacic, but maybe wasn't fit.

Man City without Rodri seems like us without Bruno. 

Long way to go in this season still, but villa (and much much worse so) man utd look as though they're going to keep pace.

Feels a bit pap that we are on the outskirts a bit, but then look at where we are with the level of competition we've had to face, and the players we are having to field.

We are doing absolutely class, and hopefully we can only get better when more return.

Entertaining season so far like.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Should have been a cricket score tonight. 

Amazing what happens when it's 11 vs. 11 and not 11 vs. 10 and Rashford. He may hope for some injuries or he's never getting that LW position back. 

That was the best I’ve seen you play for a long time. 

Why are so many people reacting negatively to someone who is expressing joy over a club who's had similar trajectory to us? :lol: Still salty about the Ant & Dec banner a decade or more ago? I much prefer Villa in that position than any of the usual suspects.

1 minute ago, NE27 said:

Long way to go in this season still, but villa (and much much worse so) man utd look as though they're going to keep pace.

Feels a bit pap that we are on the outskirts a bit, but then look at where we are with the level of competition we've had to face, and the players we are having to field.

We are doing absolutely class, and hopefully we can only get better when more return.

Entertaining season so far like.

Outskirts ? Win our game in hand and we are above Man Utd and 2 points behind villa, despite missing most of our squad.

1 minute ago, Pata said:

That was the best I’ve seen you play for a long time. 

Still very open at the back but I'm hoping Varane and Ten Hag can sort it out and we can have our first choice defence and Casemiro back for the second half the season. 

We're only three off top four and have time to turn this around. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Outskirts ? Win our game in hand and we are above Man Utd and 2 points behind villa, despite missing most of our squad.

Man United and Villa haven't had any injuries at all this season apparently. ;)

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Still very open at the back but I'm hoping Varane and Ten Hag can sort it out and we can have our first choice defence and Casemiro back for the second half the season. 

We're only three off top four and have time to turn this around. 

Nah, you’re still shite but glad there’s a good performance once in a while.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Ok, slight outskirts.

And that was more my point, we are missing most of our starting 11 yet still riding high. There is still a lot of football to be played and we can (hopefully) only get better.

4 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Why are so many people reacting negatively to someone who is expressing joy over a club who's had similar trajectory to us? :lol: Still salty about the Ant & Dec banner a decade or more ago? I much prefer Villa in that position than any of the usual suspects.

I guess you've never glanced at the Villa forums? They'd pretty much be delighted if St James' was blown up with 52,000 geordies inside.

Ok, maybe just a slight exaggeration of the hatred.... but they probably sit second behind the mackems.

Edited by Turnbull2000

Just now, Turnbull2000 said:

I guess you've never glanced at the Villa forums? They'd pretty much be delighted if St James' was blown up with 52,000 geordies inside.

Ok, maybe just a slight exaggeration of the hatred....

Barely an exaggeration, we are universally disliked [emoji38]

1 minute ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Ok, maybe just a slight exaggeration of the hatred....

Not by much though.