Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

1 minute ago, NUFCDoog said:

Next two games are Birmingham and Huddersfield at home, the way the teams above are going they could be in them if they win those two, no ones really in form, Millwall and Blackburn are awful

It’s gonna take a lot of wheels to come off a lot of other teams for Sunderland to overtake enough teams to get one of them remaining two places (one if Blackburn win their game in hand). Sunderland’s season is all but finished now.

12 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

7-8 points?

They are only 4 points behind 

My bad but if Blackburn win their game in hand then their 7 behind 5th so that’s gone which just leaves 6th. You have a milwall on 62, Preston on 62, Norwich on 61 and Coventry on 59 (should have been 61 as they were robbed of a penalty today). That’s a lot of teams to overtake with only 15 points to play for.

Edited by Gawalls

48 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Stockport County making a real push for automatic promotion after a slow start to the season. Seem to remember @Optimistic Nut putting a bet on for them to win it at the beginning of the season. 

3rd on GD, bumping Carlisle out.

Be huge to be promoted in their first season back in professional football after 10 years out. 

4 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

My bad but if Blackburn win their game in hand then their 7 behind 5th so that’s gone which just leaves 6th. You have a milwall on 62, Preston on 62, Norwich on 61 and Coventry on 59 (should have been 61 as they were robbed of a penalty today). That’s a lot of teams to overtake with only 15 points to play for.

This is true

They have Preston last game of the season, that could be significant 

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

3rd on GD, bumping Carlisle out.

Be huge to be promoted in their first season back in professional football after 10 years out. 

Play each other next Tuesday. 

I did actually stick £2 on Sunderland to win 'promotion' at Hills last night, 200/1. I then checked 'to win playoff' odds and SkyBet had them at 250/1, so I put another £2, so I will end up with over £900 from £4 if they do come up. Still hope they don't mind. :lol:

Looking better for them now. If they do win their next game, they could be within one game. Next 2 games look very winnable, and then they have West Brom and Preston in their final 3, both away, but could make their destiny somewhat in their own hands if they get 4 or 6 points in their next 2 games.

Still unlikely they will make the POs, and then to actually win them, but it'll be a lot less than 250/1 now. It's kept their season alive if nothing else.

52 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Sunderland will make the play-offs and I expect the gap to be erased totally within the next couple games. 

Aye I’ve just checked the fixtures for all teams for final 5 weeks, pretty certain they’ll get playoffs based on that. 4 point gap will be gone by next Tuesday. 

Blackburn’s game in hand is against Burnley btw.